PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement reverse gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D. Kuras

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Replacement reverse gear Reply with quote

My pulse reverse gear ithat contacts the tire is wearing out and I am looking for a new replacement gear. Does anyone know where to get one or who can make one? thanks, Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is probably of no help but I was thinking that there might be a way to use a marine water pump impeller from a diesel engine like an 8V92 Detroit. The reason for this is that my metal gear when it first contacts the wheel can do damage to it by virtue of trying to overcome the stationary vehicle...The marine impeller is stif reinforced rubber vanes on a brass hub....just a thought to take a look at marine suppy store to see what else might work...If all else fails you could always take the old unit to a machine fabricating shop and see what they could turn out...
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: ditto that idea Reply with quote

Dispite not knowing the workings all too well either...your idea of taking the part to a shop would be the best. Say even for instance a starter repair shop.
I had the old understanding that a modified starter motor was used for the reverse (wouldn't do well if the drive spur reciprocated in and out every time you engage the power button). Also, remember to round off the sharp teeth on the spur.
Looking at mine (ages ago), I wondered why it looked so beat up.
Aha! Less likely to readily chew into the tire (unless you still forget to disengage the darn thing like I did....once).
Ummm...anyone else have ideas?
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is from a starter assembly and Elden is right, you want it to be smoothed over. I RARELY use my reverse gear.

I'll bet if you take it to a shop they could find a knock off. I would even suggest you try a hard rubber knock off.

Last edited by Nelson Locke on Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ralph next time you post - log in. I just noticed your solution, same as mine.

I cannot get to Daytona this weekend, have a GREAT time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: