PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement Parts List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Replacement Parts List Reply with quote

I am updating on the Owosso built Litestar & Pulse Replacement Parts List which was started by Don Muddiman and Bob Cervero.
This will be a great source for replacement part numbers.

Since most engines are either the Yamaha 400cc or the Honda 1100cc, I will post only these Engine Parts Numbers for now.

http://www.autocycles.org/pulsepartslist.html
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Steve! I'll give you a list of all the Honda parts I've replaced. I'll also include prices and places I've got them. That list has been a great help many times over the past year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is helpful but when I wanted to replace my carbs on my 1000 they installed 1100 carbs to improve zip...they said that if I had an 1100 they could have gone to the 1200 carbs...you can check this out with the head mechanic at Jim Walker's Honda in Daytuna, FL...as they are the ones that did mine....thanks for all you do!!
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Parts List Reply with quote

I continue to add Pulse part pics and numbers to our growing PARTS LIST
If you can provide more part numbers and suppliers.....
please email me.

steveschmidt@hotmail.com

Here is 'Mr. Pulse' ......Chuck Furgason

Nows the time to inspect your Pulse!
MikePulse325

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lists guys. A basic question. What is the suggested air pressure for the air shocks? Gab brand web page does not list pressure (doubt they would give a number for a Pulse anyways).
Chuck Furgason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike you put just enough in to give best ride and adjust the height of outriger tires. I like to kept my tires just off the ground on one side, that seems to work best on the roads we have in Michigan. Are roads are not the best, we have a lot of crowning that tends to make the Pulse weave if the tires just touch its a lot nicer ride.
Think Rally
Chuck
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck, I was looking for a starting point. I'm the new owner of 325 and found over 54 pounds of pressure in the front and 9.4 lbs in the back. I'm wondering if somebody stopped by a gas station and decided to see how much they could pump up front.
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: air pressure Reply with quote

Mike,
It's not really a matter of how much pressure should be in your shocks. It's more a matter of what height your machine rides at. The reason is that your pulse will ride at different heights depending on what shocks are installed, what pressure they are set at, and the weight of your riders. Therefore, instead of worrying about the amount of air in your shocks, look at the ride height.

Your machine should ride with one wing wheel 3-6 inches off the ground when you or you and your passenger are in it. It should also ride level from front to rear. A good guide for front wheel height is that your front axel nut should be exposed when driving. Then simply set your rear to the same height. If you've got it right, one wing wheel should be just off the ground when you are in it.

Notes: If one wing wheel is not off the ground at all times, you will be in violation of your registration, which states that as an autocycle, it has not more than 3 wheels in contact with the ground. More importantly, your machine will ride rough with 4 wheels touching. Conversely, if your wing wheel is too high, your cornering will be affected adversely and the machine will be unsafe.
-Dave
Pulse 167
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: