PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outrigger help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Outrigger help Reply with quote

I have a Pulse and an Iowa Litestar that I've just acquired in the last 3 weeks. One of the Litestar's outriggers acts differently than the others. If you lift up on the left wing it moves upward (a few inches) as if hinged in the middle of the "wing".

My question is how do I make the outrigger wing stiffer - tighten the 4 bolts on the square tube holding the wing or adjust the external rod or a combination of the two? Whatever the answer, what is the easiest way to check these and how do I gain access to check/repair same?

I tried to check by putting a wireless infrared camera in the airbrake access hole but couldn't tell much.

Also, where can I get replacement slides for the canopy?

Thanks in advance,
Leo Doyle
VIN ???, 249
doyle@indy.net

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine flex a little too, but I have an Owosso built pulse. Unless the outrigger is real loose, I am not so sure its not OK to flex a little. It should be about 1 1/2 inches off the ground when it sits still and you tilt it over.

Otherwise, you are going the right direction. Thee are bolts on the frame that stifen the outrigger. If your play is excessive, I would just start tightening things up.

Is this the litestart you just bought on e-bay? everything else OK?

Do you have two vehicles?
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with that flexible outrigger. I broke a weld on the right outrigger on Pulse #61 and that outrigger became VERY flexible. You need to find out exactly where the flexing is taking place. Is it flexing where it's supposed to, at the outrigger to body joint, or somewhere else? If it's somewhere you may have a problem. I would remove the rear seat and look at the outrigger attachments under the seat. There are usually 2 rubber spacers there, one for each outrigger. With the seat removed you can see if there is a problem there. Sometimes it just requires an adjustment of the spacer nuts and sometimes the rubber spacers have fallen apart. You will know when you look at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: