PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fiberglass work and Gas tanks !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Johnson

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Fiberglass work and Gas tanks !! Reply with quote

Just had some serious work done on two Pulses here in Marion, Indiana. If you need some serious fiberglass work done on your machine, such as a airplane tail on the back or any other modification:

Mike & Stacy Grindle (Mike's Magic) in Marion, Indiana. (765)662-9950

References:

Ask Steve Schmidt about the work on his Pulse #161 & Sam Ellis about the work on his Pulse. Both had airplane tails installed. The work was AWESOME !!

Call Mike & Stacy for details.

Gas tanks - I just had mine made to hold 12 gallons. Great work !!
Call Barry Soultz - Fairmount, Indiana - (765)677-0068 or (765)661-8511

Both of thease Guys know Pulses very well. If you need this kind of work done give them a call.
Pulse #347
www.FlyInCruiseIn.com
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Barry Soultz Reply with quote

Ray Johnson could further express if you were to inquire that Barry Soultz is a perfectionist in regards to fuel tank fabrication. My request for such work ended without results due to limiting requirements by Barry. Know this that Barry is quite a chipper fellow and and willing to talk about the subject, but he requires that you either have the original fuel tank to give him for to work from, or you provide your autocycle to him to do accurate measurements. Barry expressed that he knows that our GCRVs are not consistant in measurement already, and he just can not fashion a tank and put his gaurantee on proper/perfect fit.
Oh, if you do submit your fuel tank, he requires a photograph of it as installed on your autocycle for reference.
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Tails Reply with quote

Hey guys, any chance of postng a pic of the airplane tail. I want one. How much. Thanks in advance
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Tail Reply with quote

I like the tail that I got from Mike Grindle (Mike's Magic) in Marion, Indiana. (765) 662-9950

It is perfectly done and I believe adds alot to the looks of the Pulse and hardly any additional weight.

He does excellent work and you can contact him in regards to pricing. He can do different modifications including tail light and turn signal treatments. He also has to modify the gas access door. He will need you upper fiberglass rear section to do the work which takes about 1 to 2 months depending on his backlog of work. Great people to deal with.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Steve, I will price it down here. I am not sure I have the guts to ship my rear end to Indiana.
Ray Johnson

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Fiberglass work & Gas Tanks. Reply with quote

"Barry Soultz is a perfectionist in regards to fuel tank fabrication"

Absolutely Barry is a perfectionist in everything he does. To do a custom Gas tank for our Litestar/Pulse Autocycles requires that the autocycle being modified actually be present in his shop. For example Eldon Simons has a power antenna mounted in the back of his autocycle. This means Barry would have a different set of issues to work around. There are no two Litestar/Pulse Autocycles exactly alike. Thus he needs your unit in his shop for modification.

The same thing applies to Mike Grindle with his fiberglass work.

I highly reccomend both Barry Soultz & Mike Grindle on Litestar/Pulse work. They know the machines very well and both Guys are very skilled in what they do.

Last weekend I drove our Pulse #347 to Owasso, Michigan (600 miles) & back. The 12 gallon tank really made it nice. I averaged 47.3 Miles per gallon. Not bad considering around town driving and 70 - 75 M.PH. driving on the freeway.

Please make plans to attend the 7th annual International Litestar/Pulse Autocycle Rally on September 2 thru 5 in Marion, Indiana. Meet Barry Soultz and Mike Grindle personally. Make your Hotel reservations ASAP - Check out LODGING on http://www.autocycles.org/2005.html
Pulse #347
www.FlyInCruiseIn.com
elden simons

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Feeling sorry for myself Reply with quote

Ya, I am sort of pouting about lack of progress with #308. I also don't want to pout even worse if I mess it up worse. My correspondence with Mr. Soultz included my idea to create a mold from expanded foam to demonstrate the given area of room in the area of where the fuel tank would go.
I would create the mold (or form) and mail that to him. Mr. Soultz was uncomfortable with not only that, but also the fact that I tossed the rusted original tank already. He insisted on having the parts or the cost will dramaticly increase. So, in the long run... I believe that his offer of fabricating fuel tanks is an "in-shop" requirement and cannot be offered as mail-order. I support this thought.
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: