PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob, How goes the new "pulse"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Bob, How goes the new "pulse"? Reply with quote

Have you finished a pulse yet? What will it cost to get complete ready to drive unit from you?

I want one as close to american made as it can be, what would it take for that to happen?
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things are starting to pickup again... I had a very busy winter and spring finishing up my latest Nintendo video game, but now have some "down" time (only 40hr weeks) to focus some attention on Pulse activities.

Last fall I began working on a complete frame/chassis parts list and blueprints, but shut that down when the estimates in the $10,000 range came in. In the past few months this effort has resumed with the aid of one of our members and fellow Pulse enthusiast. So, Pulse/Autocycle plans could be available soon. We will probably build a few complete rolling frames from the plans alone, just to make sure all the measurements and mods transfer into a working vehicle. The end result will be some 60+ pages of prints and parts list and a few "breezy" units.

So, plans will be available for those of you that want to build your own. Although blueprints for the fiberglass body will probably not be included. I've reviewed several plans for other "homebuilt" vehicles and most every other vehicle is very boxy with sharp lines, translating to any easy build for most hobbyists. The Pulse's sleek design is just beyond the scope of most fiberglass fabricators, let alone hobbyist. Not saying it can't be done, but I think most projects would end up never being completed beyond the frame, which is far less complicated.

My goal is to supply body kits on a limited basis. I've said before, I don't think the Pulse design lends itself to a production vehicle, but is great for the homebuilder as most of us are, so I'm not bringing the Pulse "Back To The Future", just enjoying it as a hobby, as we all do. I will be selling anything I build, drive, and get tired of, but can't guarantee that it will look or drive like the original, ie trike or single seater. Or course, I may hit the Florida Lotto this week and move to the Fuji Islands too. So, that's my Pulse dream and I'll keep the forum posted as things evolve.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, if you do not hit the Florida Lotto is it safe to assume you may be bringing to Daytuna a brand new skeleton Pulse to Biketoberfesrt in Oct.???
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph,

I'm getting better about what I promise and in estimating how much I can get done, especially with the way real life can get in the way of my hobby.

It sure would be nice to have a "naked" trike and single seater for Biketoberfest, although I think I'd be happy with just getting #77 back together and on the road, so I can enjoy the fruits of this past years refurb efforts.

I've been getting alot of good responses from Florida Pulse owners and enthusiasts, so hopefully this years event will draw more people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: