PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canopy Removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Canopy Removal Reply with quote

Dumb question time: I'm trying to remove the canopy. It has had the side rails replaced. Long slot on the outer side. How in the blazes do I get this thing off?
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire canopy? To remove the entire canopy on #199, I just completely remove the hand twist knobs, then slide the entire canopy off the back of the Pulse. I place several folded rags between the canopy and the rear top to keep them from rubbing.
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
elden simons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: different types of slide assemblies Reply with quote

Ya, there's a question. The canopy slides on #308 are the drawer slides type. Loosen the knobs so to slide the canopy back and... it halts at the welded 'L' stops.
Even the removal of the tightening knobs doesn't solve such. Looks more like a job of removing a bunch of little bolts. I don't intend to do any canopy removal at any time, but I've sat in the gutted interior and contemplated such on one occassion...its one of those on my list to not attempt. Along with windsheild removal...Murphy tends to show up when I don't need him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are all different! I have 296. The tightening mechanism is a throw lever with a cam that applies tension to the side. I've tried to slide all the way back with no luck... I'm trying to get to the battery to recharge it. Have to remove the canopy, take off the top piece, correct? If Im missing something here, somebody let me know...
Steve195

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Charge the battery you may have two options without removing the canopy. 1. I have been able to remove the rear lower setion and then with the canopy nearly closed the rear upper section can be slid back from under the rear of the canopy. Having the canopy slightly open seems to give more clearance where the rear cover goes under the canopy. 2. On my pulse there is a bolt in the right side engine access hatch, that is connected to the positive battery terminal for charging and jump starting.
http://www.pulsefl.0catch.com/Various_Views_Original&Mods/RTHatch.jpg
It is in the upper left hand corner of the access hatch in this picture. Mine was covered with a piece of rubber hose. just put the negative on any good clean metal part in the engine compartment, and the positive on the bolt.

Last edited by Steve195 on Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
elden simons

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Back,Top body shell... Reply with quote

Here's 10 Cents worth...if you do attempt to remove the back body from under the canopy, yours may be bolted to the rear roll-over bar. For that, you have to unscrew the back wall in the storage shelf area behind the passenger seat. Then, behind that wall will be the roll-over bar and the two bolts to remove to allow the pulling of the shell from under the canopy.
Annoyingly enough, I have had to stack concrete block and wood to make a support to put under the end where the tail light is (use milk crates, 2x4's or someone's help).
The tail will fall a bit when the bolts on the roll bar are undone.
Oh, also unhook the wiring to the tail light and turn signals too.
Heck, if you've never done this before. Perhaps you'd like to do such and be able to do some cleaning (battery corrosion and such). #308's battery is kept in the nose. Nice crack under the nose due to rough roads and battery weight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: