PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REVERSE SHIFT LEVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chengsls

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: REVERSE SHIFT LEVER Reply with quote

My reverse motor works fine, but the interior side of the cable is connected to nothing.

Is it designed to be connected to a lever near the gear shift lever?

Any recommendations where an aftermarket level can be purchased?
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where the exact lever came from, but it looks similar to those used on either a tractor or boat. I'll take a picture of mine and send it to you if you think that will help.
chengsls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send me a PIC. I am in the dark here and maybe could find a similar substitute at a tractor/farm supply store. I assume the lever is mounted on the two threaded studs immediately inboard of the shift lever. Although it looks like it may be a little awkward (interference with shift lever). Thanks.
chengsls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI...my email address is chengsls@aol.com....
Carl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reverse Lever Reply with quote

I own #333 and my reverse motor works but I too have no lever. Any information as what to use would be very helpful. Email at clm0825@aol.com.

Thanks in advance.
Carl
Steve195

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carl & chengsls
My Lever looks like it was fabricated rather than somthing ready made. It wouldn't take much to duplicate something similar. The lever is a piece of flat steel with a hole drilled at the pivot bolt. The part of the handle where the cable connects is a part of the flat handle that is folded over with the hole drilled through both parts. The mounting plate has a threaded collar welded on where the handle mounts. The wire goes to a mercury switch to prevent activation of the motor with the handle up, which would damage the drive due to the retracted position of the drive cone.
The reverse unit is activated by the button forward of the shift handle on the right side panel. Pics are on their way.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I sent them both an image of the lever on my #77, but am curious about yours. I sounds like a different design. If you don't mind, could you sent me a picture?

bob@n-space.com

Thanks

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: