PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: NEW MEMBER Reply with quote

Congratulations to Scott Saunders of San Diego, CA. on the purchase of Pulse #211

http://www.autocycles.org/211.html

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, little did I know that this litestar/pulse would end up ut there!

I found this sometime ago and helped the owner sell it to member of the microcar amd minicar club in LA and part of the deal was for me to transport it 1/2 way which was about 700 miles..
I towed this with a facotry towbar, from upstate NY to Unicoi TN and the new owner took it from there. I towed it in the rain, down the Interstate 81 on a very busy weekend, with little trouble except an irate donut shop owner who called the cops because I was causeing a comotion (and bringing business) outside his joint.!!! the cops were intrigued with the PULSE and even bought me donuts!! I then got an esort to the interstate.... and the donut shop owner got BOOED! I hope the new owner appieciates the effort I went to to bring this out of the dark where it was parked, and bringing it to another owner... enjoy the ride!
if you have any updated photos... PLEASE POST or send me a few!
steveg stevengeorge@usadatanet.net #008
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: new members Reply with quote

Congratulations to new members:

Niles Hack...... of Brighton, MI ......Pulse #89

Greg Hoffman.....of Brighton, MI.......Pulse #123

Nelson Hack.......Ohio......Pulse #187

Welcome to the club. Hope to see you at Jackson, MI and Marion, Indiana rallys.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: member Reply with quote

Congratulations to Steve Lyons of Helendale, CA who owns Pulse #312.

http://www.autocycles.org/312.html

Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Pulse #223 Reply with quote

Welcome new member Harold LeMay Museum of Spanaway, WA

who owns Pulse #223

http://www.autocycles.org/223.html
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Congratulations to New Member Lonnie Caldwell of Memphis, TN

http://www.autocycles.org/269.html

Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to new member Theo Szinger of Australia.

Pulse #259

http://www.autocycles.org/259.html
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: New members! Reply with quote

Wow. An Aussie. Happy to have you aboard, mate.
chengsls

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,

Thanks for the story....it is unique since it has never been titled...but yet has 4280 Miles....

Did you own it or just tow it from the original owner in NY? What year was this?

Any idea who the owner was, I would be interested in finding out how it ended up in Alabama?

Please view the pics as a guest at

<http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=aeVRhXusOtJ%2b22M0Q5ie6dgLmVhc0EQxn6pTjzJzyo1WGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d>
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No..... I did not own #211.

My info on Pulse #211 is from the VIN files, Clay Holland of Hoover, AL and you.

good luck selling it.

Steve
steveg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: pulse 211 story Reply with quote

Ok here is what I know of 211...
way back a few years ago Luke Chaplin bought his litestar #002 i believe, and brought it to a show in Canfield OH and since Luke and I were good friends and knew each other through the Microcar and Minicar club for a number of years he gave me a ride and even let me drive his, I was hooked!! a year later I was told of another by him and then by my younger brother sitting along the hiway to Atlantic City in PennyPot NJ, and after 4 months of dickering I bought Litestar #008 after driving it to shows and having my pic in the paper, then I was contacted by a guy who knew someone that had a similar vehicle close to Utica NY, the directions and information wasnt clear but it took me about a month of looking around to find this guy, and when I did he showed me PULSE211... and he was an origional dealer for the PULSE..
and told me it was for sale.. I posted it on our site and Clay Holland who is in the Microcar Club bought it, and arrainged for me to store it and then transpot it 1/2 way to LA..700 miles. the owner that he bought it from in Utica NY told me he had sold at least 4 maybe five others, he showed me pics of each yellow, red(211),white, and if i recall another white that was repainted a custom color. this dealer also had origional PULSE jackets, assesories like the hitch and reverse, and tons of manuals and brochures which I got. I delivered 211 to Clay in Unicoi TN, and he took it south from there. I heard he was going to sell it and later found out he did.. as for the dealer, he did drive the car but legally using "dealer " plates.. that explains the miles... BTW I have the hitch on mine but never used it..
steveg. 008.
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
steveg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: pulse 211 story Reply with quote

Ok here is what I know of 211...
way back a few years ago Luke Chaplin bought his litestar #002 i believe, and brought it to a show in Canfield OH and since Luke and I were good friends and knew each other through the Microcar and Minicar club for a number of years he gave me a ride and even let me drive his, I was hooked!! a year later I was told of another by him and then by my younger brother sitting along the hiway to Atlantic City in PennyPot NJ, and after 4 months of dickering I bought Litestar #008 after driving it to shows and having my pic in the paper, then I was contacted by a guy who knew someone that had a similar vehicle close to Utica NY, the directions and information wasnt clear but it took me about a month of looking around to find this guy, and when I did he showed me PULSE211... and he was an origional dealer for the PULSE..
and told me it was for sale.. I posted it on our site and Clay Holland who is in the Microcar Club bought it, and arrainged for me to store it and then transpot it 1/2 way to LA..700 miles. the owner that he bought it from in Utica NY told me he had sold at least 4 maybe five others, he showed me pics of each yellow, red(211),white, and if i recall another white that was repainted a custom color. this dealer also had origional PULSE jackets, assesories like the hitch and reverse, and tons of manuals and brochures which I got. I delivered 211 to Clay in Unicoi TN, and he took it south from there. I heard he was going to sell it and later found out he did.. as for the dealer, he did drive the car but legally using "dealer " plates.. that explains the miles... BTW I have the hitch on mine but never used it..
steveg. 008.
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
chengsls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the history lesson...great story!
chengsls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put some thought on it and may have connected the dots. I suspect the dealer drove it on the dealer plates until there was a mechanical problem. In particular, I beleive the clutch plate actuator rod broke, probably due to something in the road being pulled up by the chain and snapping it in half. I understand this occassionally happens. It was then sold to Clay who has owned several Pulses. He then realized it was quite an ambitiuos job (engine has to be reomved). He used #211 as a parts PULSE (since when I got it the clutch rod was sheared and all the engine TCI componets were missing (they commonly fail on other PULSES due to heat). Clay sold it to a neighbor who also realized it was too ambitious also. Long story short...it looks like PULSE 211 has never been licensed / registed or even driven by anyone but the dealer and myself (since all the issues have now been fixed)!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: