PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulse #259 For Sale in Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Pulse #259 For Sale in Australia Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1986-PULSE-LITESTAR-JET-CAR-RARE_W0QQitemZ4584629097QQcategoryZ2030QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

28,000 AUS dollars equals 21,130.21 USD. WOOF
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Certainly not the Out-back Reply with quote

Splendid photos. Understand how it is listed for details that it is a right-hand drive. That is the side the shifter is on, no doubt.
Thankfully no mention of it being ...the model used in the movie Back to the Future. Always a nice play on words for some sellers.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: "Puffery" Reply with quote

Hey Elden I just won "best of show" by telling everyone #206 was in a James Bond movie. Oh well. :) :) :)
elden simons

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: James Blond movie Reply with quote

Ya, I overheard about that movie.
Apparantly its available in some rental stores in that special room in back of the store. Suppose to be like 'James Bond' but less masculine. (tee, hee...8-D )
Charlie Richmond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it can be sold for 28,000 maybe some Pulse owners would like to ship their Pulses to Austrailia!
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the seller bought this back in May or June of this year. I wonder why he went through all the trouble to have it shipped and is now selling it? At least I found a Pulse owner to have one LESS than that I did! Laughing
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have followed this ebay auction you may have seen this question sent to the seller and posted in the auction
. If not, heres a good laugh.

Q. let me see if i get this.. you've got a 2 seat micro car and its revolutionary.. bit like a messerschmidt or BMW did back in the 1950s? yeah I can see i now.. back to the future.. interesting motorabilia if nothing else.. best of luck with finding a schmuck!!!

LoL
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Spoil Sport Reply with quote

I guess that kind of posted statement can be looked at as laughable. Micro cars are smart ideas in an era of "Big Size Me" type thinking. The G.C.R.V. is not quite a micro car. It is rather long and sharp looking.
I often fancy myself affording some sort of six or eight-wheel vehicle from military surplus (with demilitarized cannon in turret) and plugging up a lane of traffic or filling the view of a rear-view mirror of a status-only SUV. *Sigh* alas, I only have a rusty chevrolet, and a G.C.R.V. The rusty chevrolet is decreasing in value (radio works!).

Hey New York,Steve! I wonder if the Spoil Sport knows someone in the donut business?
steveg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to our "guest" that came on to comment but never left a name...
as an OWNER of a Litestar and NINE microcars and other vehicles of fancy,
I was a bit offended by your remarks.. the PULSE/Litestar is not a MICROCAR
just because of the size alone, and making a comparison to the 'schmitt or Isetta is just ignorance on your par. Revolutionary yes, and different yes, and maybe valuable to whoever wants one or owns one. Like many thinkgs the price is determined by want or demand. Somebody must want it maybe because of its uniqueness, or rarity (in that country certianly) and so the price will reflect it.
my advice to you mr "GUEST" sign your name, let us know who you are, anD DONT FLAME....

ELDON, yea your probably right, he's either in the donut business, jealous he doesnt have one (boo hoo), or is a patron of the donut business (COP)
Razz

signed in as STEVEN GEORGE LITESTAR OWNER/DRIVER UPSTATE NY

steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
elden simons

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Yeeouch! Reply with quote

I think I need to 'play' the devil's advocate here. Perhaps our Guest was only a messenger. If not, then a spoil sport.
Luckily none of you loyal members with large vehicles didn't find my posting overdone. I can't afford such for myself, so, I guess feeling a little bugged by those few who try to intimidate on the road.

Mmmm...donuts. I love French Crullers (spelling?). Oh and Bear Claw, Apple Fritters, and....
thatjoeguy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: One good laugh deserves another... Reply with quote

Our paper is running a column entitled: "My Favorite Car" -- I eentered mine in and this was the result:
http://www.wonder-books.com/funnypaperz/myfavoritecar-10-7-05.gif
myfavoritecar-10-7-05.gif (GIF Image, 861x583 pixels)
elden simons

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Always nice Reply with quote

Its always nice to see such. Joe, is that really a modified GM mini van? Neat! Also, noticed the preserved Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon play spaceship that is one of very few left from the promotional give-aways of the early days of film.
I entered an essay once for Chicago Sunday Tribune and didn't see it published.
Ercoupe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Ohhhh boy... Not again! Reply with quote

Hello Eldon, Steveg, and all,
I have to tell you that this posting was me.

If you have followed this ebay auction you may have seen this question sent to the seller and posted in the auction
. If not, here's a good laugh.

Q. let me see if i get this.. you've got a 2 seat micro car and its revolutionary.. bit like a messerschmidt or BMW did back in the 1950s? yeah I can see i now.. back to the future.. interesting motorabilia if nothing else.. best of luck with finding a schmuck!!!

LoL

I was just as Eldon said, "the messenger" and I was not trying to offend anyone. I am really naive as to the edict of forums. I have never posted to a forum before and when I saw this question/remark in ebay I thought it was at the very least, laughable, and wanted to share it. What nerve the poster had!... That is was what I thought was the comedy in this… Much regrets!... Also, I had no idea that the posting that I sent would ruffle so many feathers. Ignorance is bliss, and I'm a happy guy. I sincerely offer my apologies to you and to anyone that might have been offended. I will walk away now with my tail between my legs. This remark from ebay was just a cut and paste and in no way reflects my personal opinion. I admire you and the folks on this forum for your admiration and dedication to such a unique vehicle. I will continue to watch and learn but I will now keep my big mouth shut and cut my fingers off. I also didn't realize that the posting would appear without a signature... Friends don't let friends compute without a brain....No brain---No pain-- So why does this hurt me so much?... Ken
P.S. I like chocolate doughnuts with glaze…
steveg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

appologies accepted, at least you own up to your posting..
Im not "offended" yet because of the explanation you gave. however ignorant you may think you are there are those out there worse off..
As for Ebay remarks you have to take them like a grain of salt,, they dont mean diddly squat. and I have seen answers from sellers that make no sence at all.
Laughing
as for finding a PULSE i wish you the best of luck.. keep your pennies saved up and eyes open...
steveg.

steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
Ercoupe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Oh My!... Reply with quote

Thank you Steveg and Eldon (in personal email) for responding and for your gracious reprieve . I am concerned that not only have I burnt bridges but, I had blown them to bits. I am truly sincere in my aspirations of one day owning a Pulse/Litestar. I promise to be diligent (and proof read) in what I post on this forum. I feel like such a chump right now.. I will be back when I find the courage! I will continue to monitor this forum and learn from you, but as I said before, "I will keep my mouth shut" Continuing to learn...
All the best to you,
Ken
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

This sounds like an epitaph. I just looked at your location and immediately assumed your comments were a heavy dose East Coast sarcasm. No sweat and don't be a stranger. The group is made up individuals with a common interest and FORTUNATELY we're all alittle bit different. (or life would be boring) ...... hmmmm ...... ya know, now that I think of it, we haven't a good Tar and Feathering in a while .... what's your plans for Daytona in March?

Bob
pulse 308

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: March Daytuna Reply with quote

Ya, Ken... catch a overnighter to the March Daytuna! Got any Fed. Express or UPS contacts?
Elden
Ercoupe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Daytona.... I hope... Reply with quote

Hey Eldon,
Funny you should mention that... I work for FedEx Express (24+ years) and if I get your drift right I don't think shipping myself is a good idea. Seems that the company takes the same stand as the TSA and Homeland Security on that practice. They just don't like it much and the reward for such activity reaps a new pair of bracelets and some time in a hotel for men. Up until 2-3 months ago I could fly anywhere in the world for free ”last class” (sort of like riding with your luggage). I have hopes that this flight privilege will come back so I can get out there and check out Pulses..Ken
pulse 308

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Funny mentioning that.... Reply with quote

Not that this applies here, but went to a Holistic Health seminar and upset a 'Sensitive' during a chat because I perceived what was going to be said and mentioned it before she did. Was told to stay out of her head! Silly, eh?
Elden
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Pulse for sale in Australia Reply with quote

Please note that this Pulse did NOT take any bids and did not sell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: