PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida Rally Revisted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Florida Rally Revisted Reply with quote

OK People - we are getting close to the weekend in March where we are going to get together and Pulse in Daytona.

I have been spending a lot of time getting ready for this.

Who is coming and most importantly, are you bringing your car?

Let's hear from you! Ralph is coordinating the Hotel - now is the time.

I believe we set our sites on 3/10-3/12. This is the second weekend of Daytona's big event.

http://www.daytonachamber.com/bwhome.html
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Florida Rally Reply with quote

Are we going to do this or not? No interest being shown at all.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bit of follow-up Nelson...As I stated earlier I have been making calls several time a week to Daytona Sopeedway...I have got a commitment fro Holly Hyatt that we can get Daytona Experience tickets at $20.00 each.....
I spoke with T.J. Goco who is supposed to get me in contact with the people that might be able to give us a 20' roped off area in front of the Speedway to display our vehicles...He is also supposed to get me in touch with someone that may be able to get us a photo opportunity either on the track or in the tunnel leading to the track...I am still going to try to 'convince' them that driving a single slow paced lap in our vehicles would be in their interest from a marketing viewpoint....
As far as the Motel goes I have not made ANY reservations anywhere because of the lack of response so far...
It's very hard to get people to commit to an event that is as firmed up as freshly made jello....Sometimes I feel like I have been trying to nail mercury to the wall....aaaaarrrrggghhhh...
I did get my motor running this past weekend and IF I get my rear shock absorbers done mine could be on the road for March 10-12.
Other than that I'll just keep everyone informed with an update by Fri.
R
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm in! Not sure what I'm bring, but I'll be there!

I talked to Don there in Daytona and he's working on getting his Pulse running, but I'm sure he'll be there .... Pulse or not.

I'm also sure that Ric in New Smyrna and Jack in Sanford will get there. Both their Pulses are running and on the road. Jack sometimes gets stuck at his motorcycle salvage yard, since that's one of his busyist weekends, with all the bikers in town.
RON PALMER 154

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nelson, I was thinking about coming to the rally but I have to pass on this one. I would love to bring my leaning Pulse down there and let you guys drive it. It is a blast. Ron
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Florida Rally Reply with quote

Well, I will be passing on this. I have a conflict I can't avoid. I regret that I will have to miss this. Hope you guys have a good time in Daytona.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK---so it just get worse...I have a conflict now for 3/10-3/12...Iwill however get up to Daytona for Sat & Sun 3/4-3/5....But I finally heard back from the speedway and here is what was said:

Ralph,
I first off would like to thank you for your intrest in displaying your motorcycles during this years Bike Week event. My name is Rafael Ramirez and I have been taking care of contracting display vendors in Danene Fischers' abscence. Unfortunatly we are at our capacity for displays\vendors this year during Bike Week 2006. In 2006, we hope to grow each and every event and would love to have you display on property for many events in the future. Our next bike event will be in October of 2006 and hope you will be able to make that event! Thanks again and hope to talk with you soon.

So if anything it looks like the only hope is Biketoberfest in Oct. '06....
sorry
Ralph
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph,

Sorry to hear you can't make the Sat 11th. I'm still planning on coming out that morning and spending most of the day. I'll contact everyone in our usual Florida Pulse group the week prior, just to get a final head count and set up a time and place. I've also been talking to some of the "homebuilders" group, I also belong to. Some of them are thinking of meeting up during Bike Week too.
I'm not sure what I'm bringing over with me. My Pulse work schedule was delayed this past weekend, when I unexpectedly broke my nose, while replacing the small wheels on one of my garage doors. Man! Be real careful around those tension springs and cables!

Bob
kayaker43

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Keep me in the loop on developing plans. I'll be in Daytona On Friday the 10th to see a vintage swap meet and watch the supercross.

Doug Walsh
buildstuff@comcast.net
(248) 391-2974
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,

I'll give you a call later on this week, so we can meet up somewhere. I'll be calling the rest of the Florida Pulse folks to get a final head count for Sat.

Talk to you,

Bob
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this years Pulse gathering went out with a "bang". I have to apologize to any of you that went out to the speedway looking for me. I tried to contact as many of you as I could remember the contact info for.

My teenage daughter got in an auto accident, rolled one of her friends SUV late Thusday night after their Senior Class trip, so I've been spending the last 4 days at the hospital. Kids are great, aren't they? Of course, we never gave our parents gas when we were teenagers.

The good news is, everyone's in descent shape. My daughter should be getting out in a day or so and then we get to play the auto insurance claim game. Wish me luck!
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans of Daytona, FL.,
for what it is worth...probably not much...I would like to try a do-over, take a mulligan, and try to arrange something for Biketoberfest in Oct. 2006....

If I start now maybe we can arrange a reasonable itinerary....

Let me know if there is any interst...
Thanks
Ralph
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Biketoberfest Reply with quote

I'm in. I got everything running again and have one HELL of a great car hauler. Yeah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: