PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cross between a Pulse/Corbin Merlin 92mpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Cross between a Pulse/Corbin Merlin 92mpg Reply with quote

http://www.fvtec.com/index.html

I kinda like it!
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
elden simons

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Strangely Nice Reply with quote

Looking like something that Woody Allen would use in a "Sleeper II" movie should he ever make one, the Alay has many pluses that both Geeks and Eccentrics should love.
The entry for the vehicle is much better than the Litestar/Pulse.
The performance/stats seem to be right up there for what most of us wish to achieve during these times. Yet, such 'stats' are not really posted in the above web site as provided by Falcon Wing.

The body design looks A-Okay from front and sides, but becomes odd for the rear of the vehicle. The rear has a pseudo bumper blended into the body form. Form and function doesn't always have to be pleasing.

Our Litestar/Pulses share the same problem as the Alay where the open canopy allows entry of storm and other annoying conditions. What differs in our favor is that entry and egress from our vehicles is allowed from either side. The Alay is only the left side (traffic side).
Even though Bob Hichborn is fabricating the mini-GCRV for the solo occupant cruiser, the Alay seems to show some sort of jump-seat behind the operator's seat. Unsure about that though.

All in all, a decent design and one can wish them luck. Still, wonder if the windsheild is compatible for the Pulse/Litestar? Looks a little shorter in size.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elden,

Good eye!

After spending the last couple of years, sanding, fiberglassing, and molding on the Pulse I can tell you after looking at the recent SEMA shots of this vehicle that they definitely used the center fusaelage from the Pulse/Litestar, then added from there.

What initially started me looking was the car in the background. I said "man, that vehicle looks long! Why did they make it sooo long?". Then I began looking at the windshield and canopy lines. They have a shot of the canopy open and you can see the shape of the tail section and it's the Pulse.

They did do a nice job on the dash and console. Gave me some good ideas.

Overall, the 2 wheels up front is the best design and they have some neat design elements in the front. But I'm with you Elden, the elements don't flow into a cohesive design. From the side it looks like it has "fish lips".

I wonder what they are using for a powerplant and reverse. They don't say if it's motorcycle or auto based? I also would never use the word "Vapor" as any marketing sales bullet either. Not a word that instills confidence in a product.

- Bob
steveg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pics are nice and for what they got into it SHOULD look nice!

if I had that kind of $$ my project would look that nice.. right now its still in developmental stage.. an old HMV Freeway resurected from an awful head on 10 yrs ago, similar in shape but 120 mpg..... .
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_2512597/f45e/__sr_/b4d1.jpg?grAQCUFBsy4xZY8 FREEWAY REDO>> the body isnt done yet. but so far driving is a blast. not the quickest, but frugal..

notice the similarities in the shape?
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I don't know about others, but I couldn't get to the Yahoo site. Any chance of posting the pictures to this site or hosting them somewhere else.

- Bob
hcubed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does the back of this thing look like a bumper-car?
Don Willi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Funny Reply with quote

Funny, You are right!!! I thought the same thing, looks like a bumper car from the side and rear! I showed the pictures to friend at work and they thought the same thing, a bumper car look!! It sure has some nice performance/fuel specs!!!
hcubed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info at:

http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/sema-fuel-vapor-technologys-ale-prototype/#more-2608

A few highlights:

The engine is a re-worked, euro-market 1.5L turbo honda (160HP). I'm sure if we put a turbo on a GL1200, we'd match their numbers.

It is a two seat tandem, but doesn't appear that the rear seat folds. That means the only thing they have in back must be the 10gal tank. Wastes a lot of "storage" space. Could have shortened it a bit in that case.

Would be interesting to see what kind of frame they have.

Appears they're trying for the automobile "X-prize" (a 100 MPG car). As we all know, in the U.S., three wheels is listed as a motorcycle...

Interesting line is "Because the car utilizes a pair of driven wheels, FVT says that their creation will likely be classified as a car by the government, not a motorcycle." That sure is news to the owners of 'trikes...
steveg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Im gonna try this agian!!
uplaoded pics to a picture trail site.. under the name stevegeorge

http://pic30.picturetrail.com/VOL1559/7136184/13647126/203459309.jpg

and front view
http://pic30.picturetrail.com/VOL1559/7136184/13647126/203459314.jpg

not shown is the undernose piece (not on) with chin spoiler and canopy..

body is foam so far and will be 'glassed over and inside. head-up display and rear camera to inside tv (no mirrors)

not as sofisticated but should be better looking when done!

BTW so far, no front fenders are planned (yet)
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: