PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

recharging A/C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave K

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: recharging A/C Reply with quote

I am looking for help in recharging my air conditioner in my pulse. When mine was made, does it use the old R-12 freon or the new R-134 or something. If not can it be coverted over the the new freon? I have the pulse apart for mantanence and I would like to do all the things needed while I have it apart. Also is there anything else I should look into while I have it out? Thanks, Kooman
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Air Conditioning refill Reply with quote

Back in 2000, I bought the latest replacement to Freon from J.C. Whitney. I figured that I would soon get to working on the Pulse.
Well, the recharge cans and conversion kit still sit in the garage unused.
I had talked to an auto repair shop owner about the recharging of the system. He was quite serious when he related the following. It is preferably done by an experianced repair service man/person. He expressed that however poorly the system is presently running as it would if the previous gas had diminished or become bad, it must be evacted out (purged?).
He offered that if and when I decided to have it serviced, he would bring his air conditioning equipment over to my garage.
Apparantly it is not enough to install a new valve and connect a can of replacement gas. It is basicly incompatible with the previous gas.
He added also that there would be a cost involved for having him haul the equipment from his shop.

So, anyways...my vehicle has the original gas of the 1980's.
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: AC replacement Reply with quote

Dave, not something you should be doing at home. Not only do you not have the right equipment and training, but it is also against the law to discharge freon into the atmosphere. Likewise, it is even against the law for a non-liscensed technician to even work on the system.

My advice: take it to a reputable shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: