PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Modern Pulse?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StillWishing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: A Modern Pulse? Reply with quote

So on the heels of talking about putting a Kawasaki Ninja engine in a pulse, I find this:

http://acabion.com/

It has about 750 HP and will supposedly do around 340MPH. The problem with this one is it has a price tag of approximately $2.7million.

Waiting for my dream to come true
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Posted once before Reply with quote

There it is again...Sweet!
Ya, the last time it was featured on this Forum was when it was at an auto show.
One or two shots allowed a slight peek into the cabin area and there was wonderment of where the driver was putting his legs.

B. Hichborn thought perhaps that the driver's legs would go higher than what we were used to for motor vehicles. Perhaps along the lines of a recumbant bike.

I was silently thinking that it was an ideal transportation for amputees save for the problem of 'Then What?' when reaching their destination.

That bike best have a flicker type headlamp as its silouette is even easier to miss by other motorists not expecting it.
hcubed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't somebody post this same type of body style in a "personal submersible watercraft" a while back?
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Submersible vehicle Reply with quote

Ya, I'm thinking it was also featured in the 1980's on one of the programs named "Beyond 2000, or Beyond Tomorrow".
The submersible had Dolphin influence in the nose design. Also that it was later rumored to have the attention of someone in Saudi Arabia that was interested in Military aspects.

As for this design, it is pretty much BD-200 and various predecessors.
At least for what I can figure...

Anyone else have ideas?
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Dolphin Waverunner Submarine Reply with quote

Dolphin Waverunner Submarine

http://www.flixxy.com/innespace-dolphin.htm

http://www.innespace.com/
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
hcubed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If you go to the site, click Future Traffic, GTBO, and then Downloads, there are several pictures, including an overhead shot. This shows a little more of the seating arrangement.

2. Nothing so far about those outrigger wheels. I'm assuming they've GOT to come up. Automatically or hand raised? Retracts at a certain speed? Those little tires can't take too much speed.
elden simons

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Outriggers Reply with quote

Ya, those outriggers retract. They swing up and out to the rear.

You would think that they would better design such to retract forward so to meet the forward momentum of the vehicle when coming to a Forward halt.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they've been showing glimpses of this "novelty" vehicle for a few years now. The general concensis is that first it doesn't balance or handle properly, since there's never been any pictures/videos with the outriggers in the retract position and like the Pulse it's way too long to make sense as the new "commuter car of the future". If they would just advertise it as "the car for the guy that has everything (including a huge pile of $$) I'd be fine with it, but the marketing has tried to reach us on it's practicality. 340mph! Gee, that's practical... It will drive on elevated roadways! Gee, that's practical... You're driving in the same postion as you would reclining back in your big LAZY Boy at home, you even have TVs and a remote! Gee, that's practical... Just imagine falling asleep in that incredibly comfortable position with your remote in your, doing 340mph. Sweet dreams!

Hey, it's an awesome looking proto-type and it would look great in anyone of our driveways. I just wish they wouldn't sell it, like the Pulse, as the solution to overcrowed roadways, the answer to saving the depleting Ozone, and a break thru in commuter vehicle technology, etc...
It's a novelty vehicle for the very rich. Now, you'll have to excuse me, it's going to take me a few minutes to write out a check with all those zeros. Smile
hcubed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could have easily taken a pulse, recast all body parts in carbon fiber, re-done frame in titanium alloys, got an engine with an ability to run on two or four cyl, up-to-date trans, etc; and STILL beat the 100 MPG of this.

You're right, there's no way the general public could ever get into a vehicle like this. I live about 10 mi from work. That would make my commute about 2min.
Stevenp74

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillwishing,
I know of 3 pulses that have kawasaki or suzuki engines installed.
They all have 750's and the kawasaki's fit in the original frame.
I am currently installing a 2005 zx6r engine in mine. It fits in the
original frame . My only problem is the radiator is also an oil cooler.
I want to split them up so I can use two long and narrow type
coolers under the outriggers. Do you or anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks!
P.S. any larger engine would take major frame redesign. The pulse
is not really designed for high speeds. It still looks cool just sitting still!
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Steve. I put a Kawasaki 750 into Pulse #61. I was able to put the original radiator up in the nose of the Pulse. It required cutting a hole on the bottom of the nose cone and fabricating a scoop to increase airflow through the radiator. Other than a small hole in the lower nose cone the radiator install was invisible. I used copper tubing to run the water up to the radiator. If I remember correctly it was 2 inch diameter. The large diameter tubing going to and from the radiator in the nose greatly increased the amount of water in the cooling system, a good thing as far as staying cool. I also was able to use the stock cooling fan and thermal switch from the Kawasaki 750. There's no reason you couldn't run the oil cooling line up there also.
Stevenp74

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob'
Good to hear from you again! I have looked at #61 several times at the
national rally. Fred added a really cool addition to the tail . I have
the pics Don Muddiman made of the nose install and may go that way.
My outriggers were moddified for several movies. They are made
in a way I could install the radiator and oil coolers right in them. They
would need to be 6 or 8 inches by 17 or 18 inches. If I can't find a
way to do this, its back to the nose installation.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: