PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rear rubber brake line part number needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMD1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: rear rubber brake line part number needed Reply with quote

HELP! I ordered a front rubber brake line for the Renault/ AMC caliper. What arrived is different than on Pulse. If You have part numbers for all brake hoses that would even be better. This is all stock with Yamaha 400. Thanks 186 Dave
pulse220

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

While rebuilding #220, I replaced all the brake components including master cyl., caliper, pads and all hard and rubber lines. Unfortunately, I could not come up with part #'s for the lines and when I tried to match up the front rubber line from an autoparts store it did not fit. I believe the problem was in the caliper end fitting.

MY PULSE (and I say that as a disclaimer as we have found out that no two are truly the same) had an original caliper that used a standard fitting on the rubber hose and the replacement caliper needed a 10x1.00mm fitting. Although a standard fitting will fit into the new caliper, it will strip out as you go to finish tightening.

Anyway, after repeatedly trying to match up a hose to no avail, I called Bob at Magill's Quality Radiator in Tucsan, Az (520-690-0903 or http://www.magillsquality.com/ ). They make custom brake hoses and lines. If you can tell him exactly what you need (length, ends etc.) he can make them up for you. Better yet, if you send him your old ones, he will duplicate them exactly. All his brake hoses are made to Meet D.O.T Specifications.

Turn around time was immediate, as he made them for me the same day as I talked to him. I had to go with custom made hose for the rear anyway to mate up to the Ninja caliper of the donor bike. I also I sent him a picture of my Pulse, so he knows what they are.

He was very informative and a real pleasure to deal with.
Chad
Jim Finch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the frt. brakes I used 2 female hose BH 35019 and 1 male hose BH36549.These are raybestos brakes parts.
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pulse REAR Brake is whatever motorcycle rear tire and wheel that yours is.
Check with your Yamaha or Honda Dealer depending on which one you have.

A very few Pulses may have had the motorcycle engine and drivetrain replaced with Kawasaki, etc., so that would be a different animal.

Most Pulse Front Brakes use:

1983-1987 Dodge Omni, Renault or AMC Alliance automobile rim

Some Pulse calipers are from a 1983-1987 Renault Alliance. The pad stock number is MD218. Or from a 1987 AMC Alliance (Passenger Side) - AutoZone P/N C945

FRONT ROTOR...Dodge Omni

Wearever Brake Rotor....part #YH141268
Aimco......part #5328
NAPA.....part 385885
Raybestos....part #7003
Bendix....part #141268

Before you order parts, it is best to remove old parts and take them with you to the auto parts store.

Pulse Front Calipers:

1983-1987 Dodge Omni, Renault or AMC Alliance *AutoZone P/N C945

(This is the passenger side caliper. It is used for both the front and rear calipers)

Front Brake Pads:

983-1987 Dodge Omni, Renault or AMC Alliance AutoZone

Some Pulse calipers are from a 1983-1987 Renault Alliance. The pad stock number is MD218. Or from a 1987 AMC Alliance (Passenger Side) - AutoZone P/N C945

More on Pulse Front Brakes:
http://www.autocycles.org/faq.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: