PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outrigger rectangular steel needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyindyair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Outrigger rectangular steel needed Reply with quote

I need to replace my rusted outrigger frames and all of the steel suppliers I have called do not have the correct size rectangular steel. The smaller square tubing is readily available, but not the larger rectangular tubing that passes through the fiberglass frame.

Does any one know of a distributor for it, or does any one have an extra 2 ft lying around that they would sell me? Thanks, Jeff
Jim Finch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this site for steel. https://www.metalsdepot.com
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

The outrigger supports are made of 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 X 35 inch long steel tubing. The end supports are: front 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 X 7 in steel tube and Rear 1-1/2 X 3 X 7-5/8 steel tube. There is a slight angle from front to back, but I'm sure you plan to use your old ones as a template. The lengths were from my Pulse, so yours may be slightly different.

Not sure how you decided to pull them out, but I "cut" off the front cross member that goes under the driver seat first, which allowed a bit more room to maneuver those supports out. I welded in a set of collars on the main tube which allowed me to bolt in a new cross member. Now I can remove it easily if needed. I'm assuming since you're pulling the outrigger supports, that you have removed the front suspension and have slid the body back or off. Not sure there's another way except cutting out the section of the fiberglass body to expose the steel supports

Oh... I get all my steel from Ryerson Tull, but not sure if they sell retail.

- Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: