PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insurance coverage for Pulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerrySommerville

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Insurance coverage for Pulse Reply with quote

Where can I get a quote for full coverage on a Pulse?
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Pulse Insurance Reply with quote

I insure my Pulse through State Farm as a motorcycle. I enjoy full coverage just as if it were a normal vehicle.
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Insurance coverage for Pulse Reply with quote

Dave -

Does State Farm really know the vehicle is a Pulse or do they think it is a regular motorcycle. I showed my insurance agent a picture of one and he nearly blew a cork. So far, he has not found anyone willing to cover it.
muddiman199

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: insurance Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I had Pulse #199 insured by GMAC Insurance Touring Riders Insurance Plan. 1-800-325-1190 Policy Number 8415999M0 1L
I also had the unfortunate happen and had to file a claim with GMAC because the other driver did not have insurance. They had no problem settling the claim of $4700.00 to repair the Pulse. That was over a year ago and I just canceled the insurance policy a month ago because of selling my Pulse. Give them a call they know what a Pulse is and looks like.

Keep'em Humming, Rolling Eyes
Don Muddiman
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Pulse insurance with State Farm Reply with quote

Jerry,
Yes, State Farm does know what Pulses are. Obviously your agent does not. Did you really expect him (her) to? Most local yokals have no clue about anything other than 'normal' vehicles. It's no surprise he blew a gasket. (Same can be said about the people at the DMV.) Have him run a VIN check and run it past his underwriters. Try the underwriter offices in Ohio or Virginia. I've had mine insured in both places.
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Pulse insurance Reply with quote

Another technique to use with any company is to simply tell them that you want insurance on your motorcycle. Don't show them a photo or the vehicle until after they agree to insure it. When they say that they don't know what a Pulse or Litestar is, tell them that it was made by a little known company and leave it at that. Let them run a check through the underwriters using the VIN number. This way the company will decide if they want to insure it and you won't have to worry about the agent freaking out and making that decision himself. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Auto Owners and they do know what a Pulse is as the agent requested a picture. Same thing happened when I insured my HMV Freeway. I'm not sure if they really needed the picture or just wanted to see what crazy car this guy is currently driving but both cars were listed on their vehicle files at the time I insured. The Pulse is a legal car with a VIN. I can't understand how thes insurers can do this to some Pulse owners.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Pulse Insurance Reply with quote

PULSE OWNERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TROUBLE OBTAINING INSURANCE.

I received this email from RAY JOHNSON:

We obtained our Pulse insurance (As per Bill Senter's recommendation)
from Progressive Northern Insurance Company. Total premium is $190.00 a
year in 2003. We did not shop around but set it up quickly. They were familiar
with the Pulse. In fact we used Bill Senters records for the vehicle
numbers etc. This is for LIABILITY insurance only.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: MORE INFO ON INSURANCE COVERAGE Reply with quote

From Ray Johnson............

Looking further at the insurance for the Pulse.

The Progressive Northern Insurance Company holds the policy. The insurance Broker is RCB Insurance Service, Inc. 1428 Monroe Street Evanston, Illinois 60202 (847) 869-0288

Here in Indiana the Pulse is considered a Motorcycle and is plated as such.
I would think that any insurance company the insures Motorcycles would insure the Pulse.

At the Indiana License Bureau they had a list of Motorcycles. The Pulse
was on that list to my surprise.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Insurance question Reply with quote

Although a neophyte with Pulses I was able to get Grundy (800-338-4005) to agree to insure it as a collector car...BUT...Geico (800-861-8380) let me insure it as a 'full use vehicle/trike' and I can drive it to work or do anything else I want to do with it...it is not a limited coverage like a declared value collector car isurance company requires...Downsides are that NADA on a 1988 Pulse is about 3200.00.....but it is not just liability coverage just not as much as collision coverage the collector car insurance will allow by about 10,000.00....The policy is about 900.00 per yr with Geico and 400.00 with Grundy...sooooooo throw your dice but I would like to have the freedom to use mine whenever and wherever I want to without hassels even with the lower value assigned to it...
Rob Holcomb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

When I bought #199 from Don M. I insured it through State Farm. They ran a VIN Check and fully insured it as a motorcycle for $230.00 a year.
Midwest Classic Insurance

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Insurance Coverage Reply with quote

If you are in need of insurance on the Pulse we can probably help you give us a call at 888-271-4000 or check out our website at www.midwestclassicins.com. You are probably looking at about $250 a year for an agreed value on the Pulse.

Robbin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: