PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulse #234 FOR SALE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Pulse #234 FOR SALE Reply with quote

#234 FOR SALE

The odometer shows 424 miles. The lower aft panel is missing as is the engine access panel on the underside. The vin no. on the steel support behind the rear seat is 17JTW12R1GM000193 and is hand painted.

There is also a vin plate on the dash as evidenced on one of the photos that is different from the one behind the seat. It is 17JTW12R0GM000234.

The engine is a Yamaha twin. At present It is not running but seems to be mostly complete.

There is no title and I make no representation as to the authenticity of the vehicle in anyway. If interested, make a reasonable offer. Call me with any questions. Thanks, Herb

Herb Schurr
2525 Bridgetown Pike
Langhorne, PA 19053
215-757-2524

Email for lots of pix:
herb144@hotmail.com

http://www.autocycles.org/234.html

[/img]
hcubed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: 193 or 234? Reply with quote

Interesting, because 193 also is listed as red

Pulse #193..........Year 1986....Red....Goldstein ? /Unknown
Body #8617192?????
Engine #16M-002427
VIN 17JTW12R1GM000193

Which would you consider accurate, the painted frame number or the VIN tag?

Does anyone know if 193 has ever been located?

Or if a frame labeled 234 has been found?

What engine number does this one have?
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The VIN number on the title and dash plaque should be the same. Any other number painted on the frame is questionable.

I think if Owosso Motor Car Co. had a frame ready for a body, they just mated the two together whether the numbers matched or not. And after Pulse #218, OMCC did not assign body numbers, as they used a different fiberglass body supplier.

OMCC should have painted over the 'hand painted' VIN number on the frame, if they were going to use a different VIN number on title and dash plaque, but they did not.

So there is some confusion in the Pulse 'numbers' game.

OMCC did not issue Pulse titles. They gave a "Certificate of Origin" with each car produced to the Pulse dealer. When the dealer sold the Pulse, he supplied or assisted the buyer in obtaining a title from that State.

I have seen cases where someone will buy a used Pulse and the seller gives them the original "Certificate of Origin" from OMCC. No one has ever titled that Pulse in 20 plus years. So it was never on the road either.

We try to sort it out the best we can, but when you add in the 'lost title' or 're-titled' Pulses, it really gets fun figuring out the truth.

I am always amazed at how many folks loose their titles.
hcubed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: vin question Reply with quote

So there's no real way to see if the number of 193 was ever put on a title or vin tag, or what vin tag would have been placed on frame #234, right?

Of those that have been found, is this the only "mismatch" that we've seen?

Kinda hard to believe that it's a factory "frame ready for a body" problem, considering they're 41 frames apart. Maybe a damaged dash replaced with another available dash (and not thinking about the plate)?
dman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is 193 because the motor number on this Pulse matches the same number listed on the web site , 193 under motor number.

The bad thing about this Pulse is there is NO TITLE!! SO how do you trace it when you have a vin discrepancy...and which state do you start? This guy has only had it 2 months and bought it with no title. He bought it and would like $10000 for it ... maybe if it was complete and had a title and was at least running....

my 2 cents
Tim VanHook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: 193 OR 234? Reply with quote

I just work out a deal with Herb and I have bought the Pulse. I will be getting It Tuesday. I will post more detail as soon as I get a chance to get into it and do a good inspection. I will probably convert to a goldwing setup. Looking for someone near Savannah, Ga. with one for help.

Thanks
Tim Very Happy
Tim VanHook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got th Pulse home around 8:00pm. I Checked the engine number and it matches the V.I.N. for #193. I was looking in the owners manual and it said it was one of 234 made. This number was hand written in the book. I believe the dash V.I.N. plate is not the original because it does not have the Owosso logo at the start of the vin. I think the owner did not know where the vin was so he made a tag thinking the number in the book of the vehicle count was the V.I.N.. I will try to get it running this weekend. I will keep everyone informed. THIS IS WAY COOL!!!!!!

Tim
Tim VanHook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is #193. Started looking at the dash V.I.N. and noticed a small hole by the tag. I pulled the tag up and it was one of those trophy labels someone made and double side tape it over the second hole of the original V.I.N plate. So now I know what I have. Looks like the frame is in good shape. It has a glass windshield and plex canopy. hope to try to get it running soon.

Tim
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Congrats on the new Pulse! Let us know if we can help you out during the process of bringing it back to life.

There's been some interest in a Florida Pulse gathering, maybe during the Sun n Fun Fly-in this April. You're not that far away.

- Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: