PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaning Pulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lite9dave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Leaning Pulse Reply with quote

I remember someone posting a video of a Pulse that leaned into turns by using actuators in the outriggers. I am doing a major retrofit of my Litestar and was wondering what this might involve, but I can't find the video or who changed their pulse to lean into turns. Does anyone know?

Lite9Dave - Owosso #9
Stevenp74

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: leaning pulse Reply with quote

Pulse 154 is the leaning pulse. The late Ron Palmer did many amazing
things with this pulse. The outriggers have electric linear actuators. I
believe they are manually activated by a thumb switch on the shifter.
I can't locate the video, perhaps the new owner can help with that and
any other details on the leaning. I had the pleasure of talking with
Ron about this in detail but I can't remember what I had to eat this morning!
Are you going to keep your electric motor or try something new?
Good luck!!
lite9dave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Leaning Pulse Reply with quote

Thanks. I couldn't find the video either and wondered about what info was available. Paying attention to the Persu these days and contemplating the difficulty of making our vehicle lean into turns.

Yes, I'm going to stay with the electric motor for the time being. Don't think I'm getting anything like the range of the hub motor - in fact I am quite surprised by the range that they are reporting. Maybe it has something to do with terrain. I've got lots of steep hills around here and they are killers on electric range.

Nontheless, electric is so simple and low-maintenance that even with more limited range I'm okay with it. Not sure I would have made the switch knowing what I now know, but I'm not abandoning it now that I've got it.

The changes I'm makiing are to suspension to deal with the extra weight from the batteries. Also changing the steering and adding an emergency/parking brake. I need to do the two latter things in order to try to win my 10 year struggle with getting the car street legal in WA state.

-Dave-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: