PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLORIDA PULSE/LITESTAR OWNERS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: FLORIDA PULSE/LITESTAR OWNERS Reply with quote

OK....everybody says somebody has to step up...so here is my challenge...my email is rfly2dive@earthlink.net
I just bought a Pulse in April 2004
I would like to suggest that we plan a southeast rally at Biketoberfest this year....if I get at least 10 people that want to participate I will try my best to make it a fun event....if not and I only get 9 I will promise the event will be just so-so......
Let me know ASAP

Ralph---cell......772-201-1845
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph,

I'm in! (I'll try to hang onto #77, until then) I'm sure the one in Sanford I'm also restoring will be in. He's a motorcycle owner and goes anyway. Larry in Jax also goes. (He's got the old Don Garlits museum unit).

Bob
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. 206 is bad to the bone and ready for Daytona. Let me help plan it out with you. e-mail is nlocke@bellsouth.net.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Southern Chapter Rally - Litestar Pulse Owners Group Reply with quote

Hey guys.....

Please give me dates, names, local motels where the event is to take place and I will post all the info to the Litestar Pulse Website.

I am sure if you only have 4 or 5 Pulses show up....alot of people will hear about our club and pass the word along.

I can also send you our club banner to be used that weekend.

Let me know your plans.

Steve Schmidt
Webmaster
http://www.autocycles.org
Stevenp74

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: florida rally Reply with quote

I am planning on going to the national rally the first week in Sept. If you
the Exact date(s) you plan on having this I may be able to go to this as well. However. I am a Harley guy but have never been to Bikeoctoberfest.
My wife tells me if I go the whole family goes so it has to be rated "G" if
I even have a chance.
Any thoughts?
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it is more like PG-13 but guaranteed to amaze and amuse you. Congrats on having a wife who will go at all. Mine refuses, every year I have to fight off the babes when I end up there alone, because after all, I am riding a pretty neat Harley with a Pulse to boot. I solved the problem for this year by removing the seat from my Sportster.

If we all went to Daytona I would bet we could talk the Track into letting us do a publicity lap in formation. Now that would be cool.

I will bring my 11 yer old son.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Daytona on the beachside for 15 years and if you know where NOT to go, you can definitely enjoy a G and PG13 experience. Thankfully, long gone are the biker gangs that made going to Bike Week in the 70's and early 80's somewhat dangerous.

Here's the dates for this years events: Oct 21-24
RFly2Dive@earthlink.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: FLORIDA PULSE/LITESTAR OWNERS Reply with quote

Just a quick followup...I have a call into Scott Peterson at The Daytona National Speedway to see if we can arrange a lap and photo opportunity at the Speedway...between Oct. 21-24...I'll keep the board informed...Thanks for the responses so far and does anyone more familiar with Daytona have any Motel/Hotel suggestions to ensure a more PG-13 experience??? Thanks again... Ralph
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph,

Pretty much anything in Daytona Beach Shores, which is the "town" on the south part of Daytona or Ormond Beach, which is on the north end of Daytona would be fine.

There's a really nice Hilton in Daytona Beach Shores as well a host of others in various price ranges. (Perry's has a nice indoor pool, Hawaiin Inn is nice too) I'm sure I'll be over there in the nice few weeks to hopefully do some surfing, so I'll jot down some names and numbers.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lap would be fabulous and we can get someone to film it and use it to build more for the Owner's Group.

Great job, I'm definetly in and I am really worked up for this.

Go Pulsers!!!
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Florida "DAYTUNA" Rally Reply with quote

Ralph Wolf is in contact with the Daytona Speedway to see if the Litestar Pulse Owners Group can meet ....possibly have lunch and a photo opportunity at the Speedway...between Oct. 21-24.

Should have exact dates and more info by mid-July.

Mark your calendars NOW for the 1st ever Florida "DAYTUNA" rally!
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Florida Pulse/Litestar Owners Reply with quote

Things are still moving forward...I should have more information on what to expect from the Daytona Speedway after the Pepsi 400 is run this weekend...Dineen, the head of special events, is putting a package together for us...I will keep you in the loop....
Also Bob Hichborn is helping to locate a reasonable family oriented motel in Daytona for us...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in Daytona on the 5th, weather permitting. So, I'll try and check out a few places then.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO looking forward to this.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Daytuna Rally Reply with quote

Daytuna Rally at Daytona Beach is shaping up. If you plan on attending the rally.....please contact Ralph today.

More INFO here!

http://www.autocycles.org/daytuna.html
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Fla. Pulse Update Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in writing but I have been out of the country. I have heard from Daytona Internation Speedway and Dineen & Greg are putting a 'package together for us. A writer for Saddletime Magazine is interested in doing an article with pictures when we are at the track. I think Nelson is checking with a contact of his as well. The hotel is still up in the air and I would appreciate any help in this area as I am not familiar with Daytona at all. I will try to be more frequent at writing/posting info. as I get it...Thanks
Ralph
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Question posed by Daytona Speedway--- Reply with quote

Well doesn't it figure...right after I posted my last note Greg Bedford from the Speedway posed the question to me whether or not we had considered having our first rally in Fla while Bike Week (march 5-12, 2005) was going on. His thought was that the Speedway resurfacing would have been completed and we could be assured the opportunity to take a lap around the oval for pics & video, there would be a much larger group of people to interact with and the experience could still be PG-13 in nature. Kyle his associate will be getting back to the office by 8/16 and I am to contact them 8/18 for what they could provide if we elect to keep the Oct 22-24 date. He also wanted to know if our group was more interested in a Motor Court type facility or a more Resort like Hotel like the Adam's Mark... I told him I would post these questions and get back to him asap with our decision/thought...
Thanks and please post your opinions here for me to read or call me at 772-201-1845
Ralph
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Florida Rally Reply with quote

If the Florida Pulse Owners decide to have a spring rally, you may entice your northern bretheren to come down during the snowy weather.

Also your Spring bike week dates run from March Sat 5th to Sat the 12th.

We have found that a one day rally works fine in the Mid-West. Since you will probably only get one day on the speedway track........do you have any idea if it is a weekday or a Saturday or Sunday?

Perhaps you should continue to plan the fall rally this year and a March rally in 2005.

Even if you only have a couple of Pulses show up this fall....you will certainly draw a crowd.

Anyone else have a comment ??? Please let Ralph know if you can attend this October. It's crunch time.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Spring Bike Week runs an entire week and culminates with a Sunday morning bike parade from the beachside thru Daytona out to the Speedway area.

I'm still getting info on lodging on the Beachside. Biketober Fest isn't as big as the Spring show, so the Hotels shouldn't be price gouging too bad.

I think Ralph and I are hoping for 5 Pulses to show, plus a "rolling kit". We'll see.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I am pulsing with expectation.

At this time, exactly what dates have we selected for October? I want to be sure I can get my son to come up with me.

I prefer October, the crowds are more mamnageable and if you can believe it, it is a little more family friendly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are we on the Daytona Rally?
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is where we are...calls have been placed to Greg at Daytona Speedway...we are looking into housing/motel/hotel possibilities....my uncle lives in Deland and Bob is considering bring his RV...dates are 10/21-24....you tell me what you want...it will be pg-13....lap is out but photos look possible....place in front of the speedway(roped off) is being negotiated for our vehicles...we could take turns managing it and answering questions...more clarity should be available by friday...but count on it....october is going to happen!!!
Ralph
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Daytuna Rally Reply with quote

Daytuna Rally at Daytona, Florida

Charley says.........DON'T MISS IT !

http://www.autocycles.org/daytuna.html
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve......Does that Daytuna image come in a 20 foot banner?
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Club Banner Reply with quote

Bob,

Perhaps someone in the club knows where one could be obtained at a good price

I have a 6' X 4' banner....below....cost about $100.

http://www.autocycles.org/images/lindachuck.jpg

http://www.autocycles.org/images/lpog2.jpg

http://www.autocycles.org/images/daytunalogo.jpg

Maybe a couple of the Florida members could go together and buy a 20' banner

or

you can borrow mine.

Let me know.

Steve Schmidt
steveschmidt at hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: