PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mutterings...#308

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Mutterings...#308 Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
I contacted my insurance provider and asked if there is such a thing as insuring a vehicle during repair?

I provided a printout of this Forum's Insurance topic that is listed with the permanent topics at the top of the Forum, plus #308 Michigan Title for proof of ownership.

The Agent replied that there wasn't any providers for a vehicle undergoing repairs. Also, that a homeowner's insurance will not cover it (garage and contents).

I had to try, ya never know.
I don't have regular vehicle insurance on it. Besides, what money I have available is going to be used for buying parts.

I spoke to the volunteer, hobbiest, mechanic and he is still up for working on it. I showed him the Forum and Main web-site, but he said that if there any pertinent questions he'll leave them up to me to post and ask.

I'll keep posting on this Topic as time goes by while #308 is worked on.
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
DavetheWave

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hagerty Insurance. They cover during restoration vehicles. Dave
elden simons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: I wonder what I did with...? Reply with quote

First off, thanks DavetheWave about mentioning Hagerty Insurance. But, in the Header Postings made by Steve Schmidt, the Insurance guide specificly says that Hagerty will not insure Pulses unless one already has other insured policies with them.

Second...since I've been picking on the vehicle since parking it in the garage in '95, I realize that some parts are in differant locations in the garage or missing (for the smaller pieces).
I mean, the front brake assembly was taken off some years back so to install Coil-over shocks that Ed Butcher sent me to replace the air shocks. Now to finally reassemble it. Hmmmm...
The battery hold-down bar might have been tossed after forgetting what it actually belonged to.
The interior is in the rafters out of the way. I see the seats on a shelf near the vehicle. The screws to reattach the rear body pieces are in a can nearby also.

I best get a-looking before the vehicle gets retrieved by the volunteer mechanic!!

Last edited by elden simons on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
DavetheWave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules change. Laws change. Call Hagerty, its a free call. They wrote me a check quickly when our windshield got broken. You should clean and temporarily install interior. Make it look as useable as possible. You will need to take pictures. I miss ours. I miss not going to Marion.
elden simons

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Nothing new yet Reply with quote

I havn't tried looking for the scattered parts yet. The temperature out in the garage has been uncomfortably cold.

Although the hobbiest mechanic that is also employed at my place of work has been quiet about the whole thing as of late, I'm in no big hurry. What I've gathered from overhearing his conversations with others is that the large flat bed trailer he recently purchased needs modification. Something about not having been built right and needing more frame strength.
He will be using the same trailer for not only his rebuilt skid steer, but also the Pulse to retrieve it.

Nothing has been said about payment for labor. I spoke candidly with his brother about this not having been discussed two weeks ago. Still nothing has been brought up. Maybe he'll do it for the challange.

There is a Motorcyclist get-together at the local shopping mall in May. Something about showing off one's bike inside the mall building. Too bad no Pulse was available. A tour ride is planned afterward. Hosted by the local ABATE group (I forget what that means, except it being about motorcyclist rights).
Michigan just dropped its helmet law, with exception that one must have 20,000 dollars in health insurance to offset the opportunity.
I still would wear a helmet in my Pulse...I'm usually entertaining my imagination of being a Viper Pilot from '...Galactica' or something.

Besides, the intercom/CB/mono radio system is incorporated via helmet hookup. I couldn't stand wearing pinching headphones alone.

I will post again if anything is actually occurring.
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Nope, not an update Reply with quote

The summer months/days slipped by and my volunteer tinkerer wouldn't come over to review, inspect, discuss...whatever.
Like I mentioned, we work at the same place. He has his own agenda.
I lost interest, but was surprised during the month of November 2012 when he finally showed interest. Saying that he didn't expect to be called up by anyone to do other things and that his home chores were wrapped up for the season.
He wanted to know if I was up for him retrieving the vehicle.

I suppose he had a point.
Making sure he wasn't off having to do other work insted of #308.
Still I felt he could have inspected the proposed project first. I waved him off, saying 'perhaps next year'.

There's something missing in this whole situation. I still lean toward my expecting him to first coming over and discuss and plan.
I don't know...
DavetheWave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: I agree with you Reply with quote

Really, he should of came out for a visit or two. Also he must know your emotional attachment to it. Also some type of dollar amount has to be discussed. You made the right decision. It would get more taken apart and you would be held hostage. I suggest and take one small item and learn to fix/restore it yourself. Start easy. Maybe an out rigger. The years have flown by. A little every week.....If I can ever help. Later Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: