PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow... what memories!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Wow... what memories! Reply with quote

Hello all... My name is Rusty Rose (son of Don Rose - Litestar/Pulse dealer in Mt. Vernon, TX), and I was just telling a friend at work about the cars my family was associated with for most of the '80s and did an internet search to show him a picture.

I was a little surprised to find such a complete site. I really fell out of my chair to see someone posted the sales demo video we made and all the pictures and places I recognized! Oh the stories!!!

I really don't have much to say other than thanks for the walk down memory lane. The "Breezey" Pulse as we called it (the un-bodied Pulse car pictured on your site in our front yard) was ordered that way mostly for fun (and as a sales tool I suppose). You should see some of the video of it running around... really strange, but loads of fun!

Thanks,
Rusty Rose
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Hello From OWOSSO Reply with quote

Hi Rusty,

I have been searching for Don Rose and family, because I knew they had a story to tell. Rose Marine sold alot of Pulses and I would like to hear your story!

Please email me at

steveschmidt@hotmail.com

We really need your recollections, copies of Rose Marine literature, if different from the factories.

Also copies of photos of the dealership, sales team, Don Rose and yourself with a Pulse, any Pulse pictures. A list of buyers if you have retained records. If you could scan these items and put them on a CD and mail them to me would be great for the archives.

I would like to add the Don Rose story to to our website, as I believe this company has record Pulse sales and could have helped drive the Owosso Motor Car to continue production as long as they did.

All the best,

Steve Schmidt....webmaster......AUTOCYCLES.ORG
P.O. Box 65
Owosso, MI

989 725-2096 weekdays
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Rusty! We are all anxious to hear your stories.

This Pulse thing is really somethng you fall in love with. I woud put miine in the living room if I could get away with it.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely.......Rusty, don't be a stranger! We're all interested in any info, literature, plans, insights, etc that you might have.

BTW.... what ever happened to the "breezy" Pulse?
Rusty Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too sure you would be overly interested in "my" personal stories as I was just a kid (8-13 years old).

I got $10 for every car I washed, learned to drive in one (he only let me go around the shop parking lot in them), and spent a considerable bit of time playing on the huge trailer he had built to truck shipments from Michigan. I stamped brochures and he let me pick some of the colors of cars he ordered. That's about it from my side of the story.

I'll ask my dad if he has anything left over that may be of interest to you (knowing him, he still has a ton of stuff). This was literally our family's only business throughout most of the 80's. I "kid" him that he took more pictures of the cars and business than of me (just look through our family album!).

I have to say that I don't see him going to any great efforts to scan pics, literature, and videos because of the time required, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking about it over the phone (or something along those lines) if there is any interest.<?> I'll ask.

Of course, the company finally went Chapter 11 with a very large sum of money he had invested, so it may be a sore subject!

Rusty Rose
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Introduced to the Pulse in Mt. Vernon Reply with quote

Rusty,

It was at Rose Marine on Hwy 37 that I was first introduced to the Pulse. I was visiting my Mother and Stepfather in Mt. Vernon when I drove by your place. It was on a Sunday and you were closed, but I stopped and peered in through the canopy at this marvel.

I was a young military man and could not afford one of these beauties but it has been a dream of my ever since. I have often wondered what happened with the business and what would have happened had I been able to buy one at that time.

The Litestar / Pulse industry died before its time.

Dan Day
texan_at_heart@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: