PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angle of outriggers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamjimmi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Angle of outriggers Reply with quote

Hi - I have just taken delivery of #4 in the UK.

Lots of questions for the forum, but the first is a question about the angle of the outrigger wheels.

The wheels on the Outrigger sit at an angle, rather than straight down.

I have never seen a Pulse in the flesh before, so I don't know if this is correct...

Can anyone advise. Couple of pics below:

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/sobFhLQhdSrFF4XD3[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZMvtsRf9GIn9UZNk2[/img]

Thanks... Jim

Sorry not sure why the pics aren't showing? Is there a size limitation?

Try links instead:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sobFhLQhdSrFF4XD3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZMvtsRf9GIn9UZNk2
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Cant wheels Reply with quote

Jim, see the FB post regarding your question. Yes it is normal but you have option to adjust the cant. I posted on FB so others can comment. It is an individual preference on how much to raise outriggers and others will have differing opinions.
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Cant wheels Reply with quote

Jim, see the FB post regarding your question. Yes it is normal but you have option to adjust the cant. I posted on FB so others can comment. It is an individual preference on how much to raise outriggers and others will have differing opinions.
iamjimmi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike...
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The height of the outriggers can be changed. The actual angle of the outriggers cannot. You can raise or lower the outriggers in 2 places. First place is a turnbuckle near the outrigger wheels. The other place is under the seat inside the body. If the outside turnbuckles don't allow enough adjustment the you must adjust under the seat. Be sure you leave enough threads in the turnbuckle for strength.
The position of the out riggers is determined by the ride height of the pulse body as it goes down the road with one or two people on board. If the Pulse is riding too low the outriggers will be angled as seen in your pictures. If you raise the ride height the out riggers will need to be lowered and then will have a better angle.
I don't know what kind of ride adjustments you have on your Pulse. When the ride height is correct with 2 people on board one outrigger should be about 1 inch off the ground. air shocks on the rear will allow height adjustments for differing weights on board. Never have both outriggers in contact with the ground.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Outrigger angle. Reply with quote

The height of the outriggers can be changed. The actual angle of the outriggers cannot. You can raise or lower the outriggers in 2 places. First place is a turnbuckle near the outrigger wheels. The other place is under the seat inside the body. If the outside turnbuckles don't allow enough adjustment the you must adjust under the seat. Be sure you leave enough threads in the turnbuckle for strength.
The position of the out riggers is determined by the ride height of the pulse body as it goes down the road with one or two people on board. If the Pulse is riding too low the outriggers will be angled as seen in your pictures. If you raise the ride height the out riggers will need to be lowered and then will have a better angle.
I don't know what kind of ride adjustments you have on your Pulse. When the ride height is correct with 2 people on board one outrigger should be about 1 inch off the ground. air shocks on the rear will allow height adjustments for differing weights on board. Never have both outriggers in contact with the ground.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Outrigger angle. Reply with quote

Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Don't know why this posted 3 times. Sorry.
Muddiman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Angle of outriggers Reply with quote

You need to have each outrigger tire touching the center tread area when the Pulse teatters to the side. This will give you the maximum tire wear. I recommend installing air shocks to set this correctly depending on the load.

Here is a link to info I posted many years ago.
Litestar Pulse Stability
Out-rigger Tires, Turning, Highway Speeds and Tire Wear

http://www.autocycles.org/pulseoutrigger.html

Keep them humming,
Don Muddiman

Don Muddiman
Check Your Pulse web page.
http://www.eagle-i.us
Muddiman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Angle of outriggers Reply with quote

You need to have each outrigger tire touching the center tread area when the Pulse teatters to the side. This will give you the maximum tire wear. I recommend installing air shocks to set this correctly depending on the load.

Here is a link to info I posted many years ago.
Litestar Pulse Stability
Out-rigger Tires, Turning, Highway Speeds and Tire Wear

http://www.autocycles.org/pulseoutrigger.html

Keep them humming,
Don Muddiman

Don Muddiman
Check Your Pulse web page.
http://www.eagle-i.us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: