PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLORIDA PULSE/LITESTAR OWNERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the plans for Biketoberfest 2004 begin to evolve along with my restoration of #77, I'd like to see if there would be any interest in the following Pulse Restoration Seminar, of sorts.

Depending at what stage I'm at, I'm thinking of either doing a completed Pulse frame disassembly or frame reassembly at the event. I think it would be a great opportunity for owners and enthusiasts to see a Pulse frame and all it's components. We can discuss restoration techniques, as well as new design concepts, such as improved seat attachments, side impact framing, wheel and tire options, etc...

We could possibly video tape/edit the whole thing and have it available for people not able to attend. Let me know what you'd like to see.

I'm also working on getting a some samples of the Click Bond fasteners to have available at the event. Not sure if the South East Clock Bond rep is available, but I'll ask.

Also in the "how bout this" stage is contacting Todd from Todd's Canopy's to see if he wants to come up and talk about his products, as well as talk about the effort involved in maybe creating a true glass replacement for the front wind shield.

Oh, also in the planning stages, is contacting Honda of Daytona, to see if I can get a knowledgeable GL1100 tech to show up and give a short course on the tunning and caring of the GL1000 engine.

Obviously, some of these events might have a price tag associated with them, to pay for the "hired guns", but we'll see.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Florida Rally Reply with quote

Bob,

Sounds like a great rally is in the works.

It seems like there is a need for repair/restoration videos which could be sold or rented out.

Perhaps the following tapes could be developed.

******How to replace Click bond type fasteners. And how to make simple fiberglass repairs.

******How to remove and replace your windshield /canopy.

******Tuning up your Honda 4 cylinder engine.

******Repairing/replacing your wheels and brakes.

******Steering Repairs and servicing.

Etc.

Pulse owners also need a good shop manual.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy OK finally some good news....I talked to Greg today and he gave me his email address as

GBedford@daytonainternationalspeedway.com

He wants to get an idea what we would like to do so if you will refer to me, Ralph Wolf/Pulse-Litestar Event, he will pass them on to Kyle to develop a package for us.

Now the real good news -- The Infield at Daytona Speedway is open for "overnight parking!!" That's right we could secure space and camp/display/party right on the infield at the Speedway.

Please go to [www.buffalochipdaytona.com] and see for yourself!!!

Bob could bring his RV and we could all bring tents etc. Let me know what you all think of the idea...The area is not huge as it is still listed as a 'construction zone' but we need to move on this quickly or the space will be gone...great place to watch the motorcycle races as well...
So overall I am still looking to start 10/21 and end 10/24...You could come for all or part of the event...Thanks again for all your support.
Ralph[/url]
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy OK finally some good news....I talked to Greg today and he gave me his email address as

GBedford@daytonainternationalspeedway.com

He wants to get an idea what we would like to do so if you will refer to me, Ralph Wolf/Pulse-Litestar Event, he will pass them on to Kyle to develop a package for us.

Now the real good news -- The Infield at Daytona Speedway is open for "overnight parking!!" That's right we could secure space and camp/display/party right on the infield at the Speedway.

Please go to [www.buffalochipdaytona.com] and see for yourself!!!

Bob could bring his RV and we could all bring tents etc. Let me know what you all think of the idea...The area is not huge as it is still listed as a 'construction zone' but we need to move on this quickly or the space will be gone...great place to watch the motorcycle races as well...
So overall I am still looking to start 10/21 and end 10/24...You could come for all or part of the event...Thanks again for all your support.
Ralph[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!!!

The banner can be obtained at fast signs in Ft. Lauderdale. If someone has the art work and will forward it to Sam and make reference to Nelson Locke of Value Financial, he will give us a deal.

Here is his e-mail. 316@fastsigns.com

Here is the phone number. 9544387979

I estimate the final cost at around $100.

Camping is cool.

How about a Yamaha guy to also talk about our "golden brown" 400's and how to milk them for all they are worth. No matter how hard I try, I have yet to hit 150 mph like Bob Cevero did in Orlando.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Pulse makes a historic return to Daytona! Reply with quote

I was reading thru alot of the old Pulse/Litestar correspondance on our website and found an interesting letter. I've included a part of it here....
AUTOCYCLE NEWS

March 25, 1982 We just returned from Daytona Beach (Motorcycle race week) where we unveiled the Autocycle for the cycle enthusiasts. The response was very positive. In fact, we sold 55 Autocycles from the parking lot of the Thunderbird Hotel! Enroute we pulled the Autocycle on an open flat bed trailer.. .we literally created traffic jams. Everytime we stopped people would converge on us. Whenever we got gas or food crowds would form. People of all ages and both sexes registered great interest and we were on TV as well as in the Daytona newspaper. Several magazine writers interviewed us and indicated that they were going to do feature stories. A TV producer who saw the Autocycle on the beach wants to do a general interest spot for cable..

Are those interested in attending the Daytona Rally up for a historic return of the Pulse to the Thunderbird Hotel? It's located down by the Daytona Pier area right in the thick of the Biketoberfest action. It's also, like most of the hotels along the beachside, an older building. (I ain't no Hampton Inn).

Well , cast your votes, cause Oct 22 is coming up quickly.
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Florida Rally Reply with quote

I'm up for the Thunderbird. I am sourcing a new flatbed trailer so my Pulse will be on display as I drive up from Fort.Lauderdale.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: FLORIDA PULSE/LITESTAR OWNERS Reply with quote

Bob...I am in for the Thunderbird Hotel...get us a quote, phone number, group rate, whatever and each of us could be responsible for booking our own rooms...Might I suggest that the Hotel be aware that we will probably require up to 6 rooms....thanks
Ralph

BTW I will be contacting Daytona this week for a followup
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph,

I called the Thunderbird last week and had forgotten the pricing routine hotels go thru during the year. For example... you can probably get a room there for about $29.95 for this weekend, but when I mentioned the dates for Biketober fest, it went up to $165. Now, I don't mind paying that kind of money to stay at the Grand Floridian on Disney property, but not for a 50+ year old hotel in Dayona. I'll keep looking....

I had talked to Larry #216, in Jax a month or so.... he's got an RV also and has stayed in the RV Park right next to the Speedway. It would still be nice to find a common location for everyone.

I'll keep searching. As a note.... many of the hotels are still "down" from the last round of Francis and as of yet not taking reservations.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: FLORIDA PULSE?LITESTAR OWNERS Reply with quote

Bob,
I called Thunderbird and got their 800-234-6543 number to talk to Mary or Dennis to try and give us a price of 100.00 per nite for six rooms if we bring them some coverage at their site... I'll let you know how I make out this week... I told Lori we were trying to have a reunion that is unprecedented in what we can bring to their table...and the results are up to us...PLEASE Guys/Gals let me know who I can count on...I do not need 4 rooms...lol
Ralph
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: FLORIDA PULSE/LITESTAR OWNERS Reply with quote

Also let me know if embroided shirts migh be desired....I think I can get them done for under 30.00/shirt with the Daytuna logo.....just give me the size you want and number of shirts....once I get that figured out I can get an exact price since I have a 'shirt connection'
Any design ideas wouyld be cosidered...
thanks
Ralph
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for the room and the shirt. One L one S.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the Official Biketoberfest web site.

http://biketoberfest.org/media.cfm

Most of us Floridians are digging out from this summers series of hurricanes, but Ralph is continuing his efforts set up some activities at the speedway and I'm looking for reasonable lodging for Pulse Rally attendees.

We'll keep you posted over the coming weeks
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....I made the trip over to Daytona this weekend.

Daytona got beat up pretty bad by the hurricanes, which put about 1/3 of the hotels either shut down permanently or for renovations. The rest of the beachside hotels were taking advantage of the situation. IE high prices and 5 to 7 day guarantees.

So......I went off the beachside over to the mainland and found the Sunset Inn, a 1950's old Florida hotel on Ridgewood Ave. They still had a few rooms for Fri and Sat night and have room for trailers. The plan is to use the Sunset as "base camp". They also will allow some of us to park our RV there are $30 a night.

If you plan to stay with the rest of us, call the Sunset at: 386 767-0661
Ask for Paul and tell him you got the information from me: Bob Hichborn
and mention you're a "rocket car" person.

We have a group of about 10 with approx. 4 Pulses, so it should be a great first rally. I'm renting a crane and some of us are making a midnight rescue of the Pulse welded to the top of the pole at the Iron Horse Saloon.

See you all there. A Pulse is not necessary, just bring your excitement and interest.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Daytuna Rally 2004 Reply with quote

http://www.autocycles.org/daytuna.html
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Florida Pulse/litestar owners Reply with quote

I am trying to reach Nelson Locke...please send a phone number I can reach you at...I have made tentative reservation for you at the Hotel Bob found...two beds in the room raise the rate to 125.00 per nite but i figured you didn't want to sleep in the bed with your son...lololol

Thanks Ralph 772-201-1845 cell

I have been in touch with Daytona folks and once everything is finalized I will let the group know what they have to offer.... Keep the Faith!!!

Also I am trying to find out more re: T shirts
I may just bring 2-3 and take orders at thge event...
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you Pulse enthusiasts that will be making the Daytona Rally, interested in Pulse Tow Bars? I'm making one up now to move my "naked" Pulse #77 over to the welders shop and could have a few made at the same time. Let me know....
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure when everyone is going to be arriving on Friday Oct 22, but here's some suggestions for an official "welcome to Daytona" diner meeting.

Sweetwaters - within a couples of miles from the Hotel, on the intercoastal waterway. Wide variety of food choices.

Aunt Catfish - a few hundred yards from Sweetwaters, on a small dock. A wide variety of fish entrees.

DJ's - outside casual/beach attire dinning at small marina under the Dunlawton overpass/bridge, on the beachside.

I don't know if reservations are going to be needed. All dinning places will most likely be "zoos" during Biketoberfest.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all you Orange County Chopper Fans ...... The boys of OCC will be at Biketoberfest in Daytona. So, those attending this year, add that to your Rally agenda. Here's the times.

October 21 - 24

Biketoberfest
OCC will have theme bikes on display and two trailers set up selling merchandise. One trailer will have merchandise only, the other will have merchandise and autograph sessions.

Signing Schedule:

Thursday, Friday, Saturday:
Paul Sr. & Mikey- 10-12, 2-4
Paul Jr. & Vinnie- 12-2, 4-6

Sunday:
Mikey & Vinnie- 10-1
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those heading to Daytona for Biketoberfest, here's another link for the various activities going on. It appears they have actually extended Biketoberfest, now starting on Oct 15th. It looks like there's a Trike and custom bike show on Thurs, that I might have to take an extra day off and check out.

http://www.biketoberfest.com/default.asp

Take some time and browse thru the two links that have been posted, then lets talk about organizing an agenda for the weekend.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent an email out to all those I'm aware of that live in the Florida/Georgia area outlining a tentative agenda for this weekends Rally in Daytona.

For anyone I may have missed (Nelson, sorry somehow I missed your email address) please call me or Ralph.

Ralph Wolf 772 201-1845
Bob Hichborn 407 617-1650

Look forward to seeing many of you there and sharing Pulse stories.

Drive safely............
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Rally Reply with quote

Here is the latest News from the Southeast Rally at Daytona, Florida

Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Florida Rally Reply with quote

The reports from the first Florida rally are starting to come in.

Check out Bob's ordeal at a Pulse Rally

Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject: Daytuna Haiku.... Reply with quote

Friday morning's near.
Uhaul screws up.
Have to tow the Pulse.

Alex out of bed.
Hitch her up and hit the road.
Bouncing from side to side like a big breasted hooker. (sorry)

Stopping for coffee.
Check those tires.
Not too bad, keep on going! (60 mph)

Daytona's near!!
Distress calls coming in.
Ralph's in trouble.

And where's Bob?
Bad karma abounds.
Bob's stranded too.

Pulse 206 in her glory,looking super,
capable of running,
chained to my truck.

Chasing down Ralph to help.
Turned around, going south again?
Passed a Pulse on a wrecker.

Sinking feeling in my gut.
Can't be a coincidence.
It's Ralph and Cindy, very sad.

Two blown outrigger tires.
Bad fuel line too.
Not good for PR.

If we had a prize for Daytuna
I would have won
but nooooo - no prize this year. It figures.

Changed the outriggers.
Ace Hardware rules.
Ralph hits the road again.

Pulses coming to a stop again.
Picture this, two Pulses.
Side of the road - people stare.

Nelson's tow bars save the day!
Two Pulses in Daytona.
Endless pictures and admiring stares.

Cruising Main Street
206 tracks sideways
but looks cool anyway.

Bob and Hamilton - seem so normal.
Pulses in their garages. Pulses in their motor homes.
The truth comes out.

Crossing Intercoastal on a very high bridge.
Will Ralph make it? Oh God Oh No.....
Oh YES, coming down the other side. Hope my car stops.

Never give Bob Hichborn sprouts.
BBQ is better.
Ralph's a hero.

Alex spotting "innappropriately dressed women"
Dad's job is to verify.
In big trouble now.

Packing up to drive back home.
Sort of sad, but March is coming.
Will any other Pulses make it?

Only time will tell. We'll be there.

A great time was had by all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: