PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

steering wheel alignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave K

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: steering wheel alignment Reply with quote

I replaced the front wheel on my pulse and now the sterring wheel is not aligned straight. It does not wobble or pull to one side. Whaat do I need to do to fix the problem? Thanks, Dave
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Could I get alittle clarification on the problem? You removed the wheel, tire, and axle assembly... had a new tire installed and balanced... you re-installed the wheel and axle assembly and now when you line the tire to what appears to be straight and aligned with the rear wheel, your steering wheel is now rotated left or right from center. Or when you align the steering wheel the fron wheel is off angle (either or) I'm assuming you didn't pull the whole front suspension assembly or anything else.

Is this a correct evaluation of the problem?
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I took some pictures of my Pulse steering components this weekend, which I'll mark up with text showing the various adjustment points from the steering. I will let you know in advance, that it is probably very difficult to get at the steering alignment components without removing the "dash" cover and quite possibly the front windshield.

I'll forward the pictures to Steve for posting into the "repair" section oF the Pulse web site.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I got some pictures that I'll send your way, as well as, forward to Steve for the web site. Contact me at bob@n-space.com and I'll get them out to you with some explaination.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Link to Steering Webpage Reply with quote

Here is a link to the Steering Webpage.

Bob Hichborn submitted two pics to be added to the bottom of the page.

http://www.autocycles.org/steer.html
Ashok Rai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Steering Rod Measurements from Mr. HICHBORN Reply with quote

I own Pulse#25 and need to attach a steering rod to an original steering box.The current system appears to be a flimsy modification that needs to removed as its caput! The Pulse came with a spare original steerng box in good condition that can be installed(?reinstalled). Details on the original steering rod for fabrication[Length &gauge] or a replacement part #if known would be much appreciated.Thanks for your assistance.I will update Pulse #25 info on its original page.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just completed rebuilding the front suspension from wheels up to and including the steering knuckle on #77. I'll be working on the steering box and arms next. If, you're not in too much of a hurry and can wait acouple of weeks, I'll have the steering subsystem spec'd out and can give you that information or fabricate the parts for you. Gee, if I just didn't have to work for a living, and deal with several hurricanes, I'd could be driving like the rest of you.

BTW great information on #25. I bet you're the only Pulse in Alaska!
Ashok Rai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the offer Reply with quote

Bob
I just sent you an E Mail re this offer ..Thanks.
Also updated #25 in the forum re what I currently know of my steering configuration [that was redone by Jimmie Sattison accrding to Randy Pinkham].
Look forward to what you come up with!
Ashok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: