PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tire Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ev-guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Tire Questions Reply with quote

(1) can you tell me what out-rigger tires will fit? I can't find 8 x 3.75, but 8 x 4.08 are available

(2) Are the 4 bolt wheels standard? Like at Wal-mart.

(3) What now available front tire sizes will fit?

grandpa_lon@yahoo.com
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTRIGGER TIRES:

4.80x8 - Four Bolt 8" Trailer Rim ..... Available at TSC or Walmart

Use a high quality 2 or 4 ply tire rated for Highway speed *Recommend Carlisle Brand
Note: Balance tires to provide for a smooth ride and to prevent repeated excess wear in one spot of the tire. An unbalanced outrigger tire will rotate to the same position during its rest position (no road contact). Each contact with the road will then create excessive wear in one spot on the tire. Run the tire pressure between 10 to 20 PSI for increased tire wear and a smoother ride. The low tire pressure allows the sidewalls to flex thus reducing the scuffing effect/wear.
Note: Running a low tire may require tubes in the tires to prevent the tire from popping off the rim. (I prefer using tubes)

More on outrigger tires.....
http://www.autocycles.org/pulseoutrigger.html

FRONT TIRE INFO:

Owosso Motor Car Co. used the Dodge Horizon Omni rim for the front wheel

Year - 1979 - 1990
OE size - 13 x 5
Bolt - 4 x 100
Lug Nut - 12mm x 1.5
CB (center bore) - 57.1
Offset - +40

145 or 155 SR 13 Radial (*Recommend Michelin 155SR13 XW4 Black wall, this is a symmetrical tire)

MORE ABOUT FRONT WHEEL REPAIRS:
http://www.autocycles.org/frontwheel.html

Note: ...............
Tire Pressure ~ 30 to 35 PSI
I recommend using 35 PSI on the rear tire if you have the reverse unit.
Note: Running a low tire pressure on the rear tire will allow the reverse unit to spin against the tire.

REAR TIRE INFO:

Owosso Motor Car Co. used either the Yamaha 400cc engine or the Honda GoldWing 500cc, 1000, 1100 or 1200cc engine.

Your Pulse could have been re-powered with some other engine. Best idea would be to remove rear wheel and take to a motorcycle repair shop and have them replace tire and balance.

Here is additional info:

Depending on your engine make and model and year......contact either Yamaha or Honda and ask which tire they recommend.

Note: 145 is the width in millimeters - 13 is the rim size in inches Make sure the tire is symmetrical in tread design. The 155 width is the maximum size that will fit without spacing out the rear sprocket and creating chain alignment problems - Yamaha Chain drive models.
Tire Pressure ~ 30 to 35 PSI
I recommend using 35 PSI on the rear tire if you have the reverse unit.
Note: Running a low tire pressure on the rear tire will allow the reverse unit to spin against the tire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: