PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therouj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Canopy Reply with quote

What type of adhesive have people been using to secure their canopy. Mine was done by a "pro" and just this weekend I noticed it is conming unglued. He's out of business so it's up to me. Besides adhesive is any one using mechanical fastners to insure the canopy stays?
I'm still toying with an industrial engine set up for 276
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently removed mine also, in preparation for a new replacement. The adhesive used on mine was a clear silicon type. I bought my new canopies from Todd's Canopys and he's actually done a few installations where he used countersunk screws. I'd prefer not to have the screws, but if they can be covered with a black tape or something, it might work fine. I'm getting some samples of the Click Bond fasteners, maybe they are an option also.
therouj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: canopy Reply with quote

Thanks for the info regarding counter sinking screws in the canopy. I assume the fastnersyou are waiting for are for your body parts. What is the part # you are going to use as I need to replace body fastners also.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the second page of the Forum Topics look for the "Trying To Find Fiberglass Fasteners" topic. You'll see several posts from folks that have tried a variety of fasteners. I'm going to give the ClickBond ones a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: