PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready for a Pulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Ready for a Pulse Reply with quote

I have been a long time admirer of the Pulse car from the first time I saw one in down town Steamboat Springs years ago. I also sat in on that was at the Transportation Museum in San Antonio Texas that had been donated. For some reason they parked it outside and it just seemd to slowly fall apart...what a waste. I have also been watching this forum in its various forms for at least 4 years
I have been through a lot of sports cars, mototcycles, and hot rods, and am now ready for a Pulse. I was hoping to buy #279, but I obviously took too much time in making the decision! I have also lost 2 ebay auctions by one bid, and lost another because the owner ended the auction early.
I am looking for a good condition Pulse with a GoldWing engine, or an upgrade like #199 had (waited to long on that one too). Color is not important at all. I currently own a GoldWing 1800 and have a good shop here in town that is willing to work on the 1100's.
I also currently own a 1957 Chevrolet 4- door Wagon that is really tricked out if anyone is interested in a possible trade! Pics here: www.picturetrail.com/falcon57

Thanks, and I hope to join the ranks soon!

Joel Patton

Last edited by Falcon Wing on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel,

If you're looking for a decently priced unit with, I believe a trailer, I'd give Rod a call on his #275. It's one of the original Silver Bullet units. He's also in Las Vegas, so he's within towing distance, maybe, for you in CO.

I've talked with him a few times. He's into restoring old vehicles, so he also might be interested in your Chevy Nomad. Tell him Bob in Orlando sent you.

Here's his link on the Pulse's for sale pages. I believe his contact info is there also.

http://www.autocycles.org/275.html

It's definitely going to need the standard amount of TLC, but hopefully not as much as my #77 required.

Good luck!

Bob Hichborn
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Thanks for posting that link. The site says sale "pending" however.
I don't think I would want that particular pulse for a few reasons. One, the Coors Pulses do have a bit more historical signifigance, and I intend to repaint much different. Two, I don' think I can handle one that needs that much restoration....something to tinker with would be acceptable.
The price is sure right on that one though, especially with the trailer!
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel,

What level of tinkering are you interested in doing? I'm in the process of restoring #77 with the intent of selling when it's done, but I can stop at any point depending on what you feel comfortable doing yourself. IE. it can be left in primer if you want to do your own custom paint job, it can be left without a finished out interior, heck I could even pull the GL1100 off the back if you have your own donor bike.

Pulse #77 now has all new outrigger frames, axles, hubs, tires and wheels, bearings. All new bearings in the front axle and steering column. The wiring for lights and other accessories is all redone with quick release connectors. The entire frame has been "cleaned" and coated with POR15 rust inhibitor. The body has been removed and refurbed. New front and rear windshields. All new brake lines, master cylinder, caliper and pads. And more..... Let me know what your interest level is.

Bob
Rob Holcomb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Trading Reply with quote

I am the owner of #199. I use it for our business and it is running like a champ. I would be interested in talking to you about the trade. Call me at 615-417-6157

Rob Holcomb
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I would be interested in discussing trade possibilities!

joelpatton1@adelphia.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: