PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

installing 83 Honda Magna V65

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donald conley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: installing 83 Honda Magna V65 Reply with quote

I had previousley seen two pulses on our site that had magna in them. I measured a v65 from front of frame to end of rear tire, 58 inches, my pulse measures from inside of front square tube to beginning of tail light enclosure in glass shell to be 53 inches. how in the world did he get it in. any one know who has a v65 installed. let me know would like to talk to them. don in amarillo, texas
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: V65 engine in a Pulse Reply with quote

Donald,
My Pulse (#167) was one of 3 equipped with a Magna engine. Of course, they were built with the V35 VF500CC engine instead of the larger V65 engine, but the overall size of the engine is the same.

The fit was easy. They used the original Pulse engine compartment and frame and simply dropped the Magna engine into it. They did not use the Magna frame. A couple of different engine mounts and a chain drive and it was done. I'll send pix of mine if you are interested.
-Dave Bauer
Pulse 167
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: #167 Reply with quote

What is the "interesting" story concerning #167, Dave? I have seen that at the bottom of your page and have always wondered!
donald conley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: v 65 magna for dave bauer Reply with quote

dave the v65 has a shaft drive. did the company use any v65 that you are aware of. don
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: V65 engine Reply with quote

I'd have to check my facts but I don't think the V65 was around when the Pulse was in production. I think the V65 came around in the 90's long after production of the Pulse stopped. The smaller V35 and V45 engines were produced in the Honda Magnas in the 83-87 time frame.

As far as I can tell, only the GoldWing powered Pulses had shaft drive.
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: V65 Magna Reply with quote

Hi Dave. The Honda V 65 Magna was around in 1982. I test rode a friends V 65 at that time and it was a rocket. It was shaft drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: