PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New owner of #199

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: New owner of #199 Reply with quote

I am the proud new owner of Pulse #199, of which I am sure you are all familiar with.
I aquired it from Rob, who used it to promote his pizza business, in a trade for my 57 Chevy. Interestingly enough, I bought the 57 Chevy last year when I found out #199 had been sold.
I got it last weekend, then had to leave town for a week, so I didn't have much time to enjoy it. When I got home, my brother and his wife had removed ALL of the old decals that Rob had applied to her, then they washed and waxed it. A very nice sight to come home to.
My brother had been driving it around the neighborhood for the last week, but today was the first time we had taken it for a drive of over 15 miles. We could both smell gas during the ride, and assumed it was running rich being from low elevation to now nearly 7000ft. We had it parked for about an hour, answering questions, letting the car get photographed, but when we got in to leave, it would not start. The smell of gas was much stronger, my brother thought it may have flooded. What would you suggest I do to prevent this? I had to have the car flat-bedded home!
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, on your purchase! Sorry your first journey had an unexpected ending, but I'm sure there are many on this board that share with you that experience.

Other than first checking all the gas lines and tank area(which you probably already have) for leaks, I really can't offer much advise. If it were a GL1100 like mine, I could probably help alittle more.

Isn't that Don's old Pulse? If so, you might email him offline, to see if he has any thoughts on the problem.
Steve195

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Gas Smell Reply with quote

I also have the zx7r engine, recently I experienced a similar experience.
Mine occured while driving. Gas milage severely decreased and the engine ran poorly and would not restart after it was stopped and there was a strong gas smell. The culprit was a stuck carburetor float causing the engine to be flooded with gas. A tap on the offending carburetor corrected the problem for the time being. If you don't find any leaks remove the aircleaner and turn on the igntion switch, if the fuel pump runs continous or frequently there is a good chance you have a stuck float, open each of the slide valves with your finger and look for gas to be pouring into the engine. Also there should be a bowl vent line that shoud be releiving the excess gas. if this has occured check your oil level, if it is higher than it was then the oil is full of gas and will have to be changed.
Hope this helps
Steve C
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, gee, my 400 YAM runs pretty good after all I guess.

I just bought a back up 400 ( good condition and complete) for $250 delivered. So now when I succeed in blowing up the old one, I'm all set. I have not had a stall problem or an overheat since I started using synthetic oil.

I am going to Daytuna Friday at 5 am. Look out guys, number 206 is looking good and running strong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: