PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bede and Rutan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Bede and Rutan Reply with quote

This is kinda off topic, but with the events of the past few weeks. I wanted to offer my opinion as to why burt has been so sucessful and Jim and been a business failure.

I have watched Jim since the early 80's. I wanted to build a bd-5 and almost bought two of them. I also was looking to purchase the right to the bd-12/14. But after finding out that none of the engineering work was doen on the 14, none of the people involved in my group want to invest the money.

But many of you know and some may not know is that Burt worked for Jim on the BD-5.

Jim reminds me of my father, an extremly smart man that kept picking the wrong horse to ride in the race. Jim always seems to want to create a large manufacturing business, were as Burt just build prototypes. Its not Jims ability to create, it his lack of ability to run a good business that get in the way.

TO the best of my knowelge, Burt has never ran a business that produced a production product. His might has done a kit, but from memory I think it was just plans for the long-ez and another plane built from plans. Had jim been more like burt, we just might have a private man on the moon today.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Rutan Reply with quote

In early Dec. 2004, there was a great program on TV about Rutan's Space Ship One and the guys who built it and those that piloted the craft.

Burt Rutan seemed very down to earth and loved by his his associates. His projects seem to be completed and successful.

Wouldn't it be great to have several Litestars and Pulses along with Bede designed aircraft at the 2005 National Rally at Marion, Indiana. Does anyone know of a Bede airplane that is flying? There seems to be alot of guys building the BD-5. Maybe Mr. Bede could bring one of his new designed aircraft to the Fly-In Cruise-In. We could have a real big BEDE RALLY.
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Bede at Fly-in, Snooze-in Reply with quote

Wow, BD type aircraft! Autocycles!
Jim Bede Himself as well!
Hey, lets invited Mr. Ed Butcher too and then have a great ol time! Razz
Sorry, I actually respect the ideas and comments made by the members of this Forum. Having a BD-5 aircraft at the Labor Day festivities would be great for the photo opportunity with the Litestar/Pulses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: