PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Electric PULSE Owners???? EMAIL ME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Any Electric PULSE Owners???? EMAIL ME Reply with quote

I want to get in contact with any and all PULSE owners....with an electric motor....

please email me dpminert@hotmail.com

I am doing research on what is working for you ?

I will be in FLORIDA first week of JAN. and would like to check out the Pulse in Southern FLA. with the electric motor but can not get in touch...

any help would be Great!!

I am working on making an electric Pulse and would like some input.

thank you

Doug Minert
lite9dave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Dave McCoy - Electric Pulse Reply with quote

I own a pulse that was converted to a conventional (not hub) electric motor drive. There is some old info already on the site regarding my litestar. http://www.autocycles.org/009ol.html

-Dave-
dman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: electric pulse Reply with quote

Dave,

have you had your litestar out on the road yet, I know you had some plating issues?

I am curious if your driving it on a regular basis and how its holding Up.

Doug
lite9dave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - sorry for the delay in responding. The holidays threw off my routine on everything - including surfing.

I have had the Litestar out very little. It's been about a 12 year struggle to get this thing road worthy. Often this has involved months going by when I have done nothing to make progress in the fight - I do have other things going on after all.

Since WA is very picky about vehicles I had my adventurous mechanic retrofit the vehicle with a new suspension, new steering system, and new braking system to attempt to overcome any possible objections to plating the vechicle. His changes bring the vehicle into compliance with all WA regulations for either a motorcycle or a car.

Now that after two years he is done I had to do a little extra work on getting the windshield mounted correctly.

I expect to finish a few details this week and then take it in for inspection ASAP in order to end my decade long struggle and start using this vehicle regularly. Since local government has insisted on a very narrow definition of roadworthiness, I've had to do a lot of work and spend a bunch of money, but I now believe they have nothing they can object to - unless they insist I install airbags. Smile

All the electrical stuff is performing well. Once I finish my final few details this week and get the vehicle inspected and hopefully passed for street legal certification I will let you know and update on electrical performance/range.

-Dave-
lite9dave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now starting to regularly commute in the pulse and use it for local trips. Not sure what info you are looking for, but I am now getting enough road time that I can start to give you input.
-dave-
dman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: electric pulse Reply with quote

any way you can post some pictures?

can you list what electric components you have used to make your conversion. Show us some pictures of your set up, what features you have?

thanks
lite9dave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Info on Electric Post Reply with quote

There are some pictures and info already available at http://www.autocycles.org/009ol.html

If you're looking for more specific info I'd be happy to provide it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: