PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fast engine Idle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D. Kuras

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Fast engine Idle Reply with quote

My pulse engine which is the 1100 cc. Goldwing started to idle fast after warming up above 2800 rpm and will not go down. what should I look for to fix the problem? Thanks, Dave
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a goldwing (although much newer than yours) and had the same problem. I was told to disconnect the battery for a 15 minutes, then restart w/o using the throttle, then let it idle down by itself. I did these things, and it idled down in about 4 minutes.

FWIW
DaveBauer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: GL1100 fast idle Reply with quote

D. Kuras,
Sounds to me like you need to rebuild your carbs. One or more of them likely have clogged passages caused by old fuel. It is common for this to happen on this engine. Good news is, they are easy if you know how to do carbs.
-Dave Bauer
Pulse 167 with GL1000 engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: