PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO SPARK AT PLUG.... Honda 1100cc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: NO SPARK AT PLUG.... Honda 1100cc Reply with quote

HELP -------

I have an 1100cc Honda engine and the starter turns it over, but no spark at plugs. Any ideas?

Also, I jacked up the rear end and after putting it into gear and turning the rear wheel by hand, the pulley on the front end of the engine does not turn. I am not sure what this means. Maybe the clutch is not releasing?

thanks for your imput,

steve schmidt....#185
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Honda Gold Wing motors BUT! Does the front pulley turn when you crank the motor with the ignition key? If it does then probably your clutch is just not holding when you turn the rear wheel. Are you sure it's in gear? It can be difficult to put a motorcycle in gear when the motor is not running. If it doesn't turn with the key then you have a major problem. Something like the distributor not turning because it's broken its drive somewhere. Like I said just a guess.
DaveBauer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: GL1100 problems Reply with quote

Steve,
There is a series of checks to do on your ignition problem. I could copy a few pages out of my factory tech manual for you if you'd like. Not sure about the other problem, but it sounds like a clutch issue.
-Dave Bauer
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Repair Reply with quote

Chuck Furgason checked out my coils and wiring....they seem to be good. Thanks for the offer , but I have a service manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: