PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elio, something different

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Elio, something different Reply with quote

http://www.eliomotors.com/
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at this vehicle in Seattle and it looks superior to the pulse in fit and finish. But it would be impossible to sell at $6,800 and the company make a profit. Think about making the frame and body parts for the pulse, then add an engine, interior and a great paint job. It baffles me why a company with a great looking product would offer at that price point. We were told they were off the shelf parts and assembled in the USA. I doubt they could manufacture each vehicle for less than $12,000.
Something does not add up. Just the man hours to aquire parts, provide facility, assembly, paint, shipping, etc would cost more than $6,800. What about profit to the company and dealerships.
If they would advertise at $19,000 and performance comes close to projections, these will sell like hotcakes.
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following the Elio saga for a while now. They promise the price is below $7k.
One of the Elio posters on facebook had a bit of a negative go at the Pulse a few weeks back. Something to the effect that they had too many problems to list....
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: