PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

side stick steering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: side stick steering. Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried to add side stick for steering, as an the BD-5 used for flight control?
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Center Yoke Reply with quote

If you are rebuilding your Pulse ...how about a center stick between your legs?
Then add an altimeter, pitot tube, N number, EXPERIMENTAL sign and wheel chocks.

Of course, if you are already barraged with questions, you wouldn't want to make these modifications. Smile
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Side Stick, or Joy Stick? Reply with quote

Now, if I understand this correctly, Someone sees a possible use for a single handle for steering?
Wouldn't such require "Power Steering" of sorts?

It's a nice imaginative thought.
Much like my wanting a "heads-up"
display of MPH and some other doodle (like compass, or tach.)

There are some things aircraft related that just don't work.
I have gotten the hint that many didn't care for the Bow-Tie shaped steering wheel of the Litestars.
Remainesant of steering yokes on small airplanes and others.

Hey, where's the photos of our friend in Japan and his custom work at?
philipl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Side Stick, or Joy Stick? Reply with quote

[quote="elden simons"]Now, if I understand this correctly, Someone sees a possible use for a single handle for steering?
Wouldn't such require "Power Steering" of sorts?

I can't see why, power steering isn't used now for the pulse.
Randy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Side Steering Reply with quote

I know that some Snapper Riding Mowers use a 'Joystick" type of control. Not sure how it works though. It may be something that can be adapted to a Pulse?
Randy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Side Steering Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot the link to the picture of the Snapper.

http://www.snapper.com/images/l_scrambler.jpg
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Joystick Reply with quote

How about a joystick between drivers legs that would operate throttle and steering. Use conventional clutch and brake.

Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: More on Joysticks Reply with quote

http://www.ultradynamics.com/sections/control/joystick.asp

http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Circuits/SteeringMixer/SteeringMixer.html

elden simons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: aaahHHHCHOOO! 'scuse me... Reply with quote

Hasn't any of you experianced a violent sneeze while operating a vehicle?

This whole idea is fantastic! Like many others in this Forum, yet...

Even with power steering, I've jogged the steering wheel in my domestic vehicle enough to worry myself. If that isn't bad enough, having vehicle acceleration mated with the joysick (centraly located controler) would create a little recovery fun.
Ain't it great to imagine though?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: