PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steering Rod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Steering Rod Reply with quote

According to Bill Lewis with Pulse #317

WARNING: I have been made aware of a steering rod failure. Over time the stress that it endures can break that rod. My mechanic took it out and it indeed had a bend in it about half way up the column. That column is a hollow tube that is not strong enough to last forever. Imagine driving and losing all steering. My mechanic replaced the tube with a solid steel threaded rod that screwed into the rest of steering assembly. Please take a look at yours to insure it is safe to drive.

elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Cranking the Steering Wheel Reply with quote

I learned, unfortunately, that cranking on the steering wheel with the vehicle at a halt would stress the steering link rod.
Although mine broke when I was on sand and trying to line up the vehicle to be pushed into the garage.
I can only imagine the situation being at any time the vehicle on any surface (except maybe ice/snow) that there would be a resistance on the tire while at a halt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: