PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuild of Pulse 134 started in Knoxville, TN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Rebuild of Pulse 134 started in Knoxville, TN Reply with quote

Purchased Pulse 134. Removed body from frame. All components completely disassembled. Strut supports located inside wing panels (in foam) rusted beyond repair. New ones being fabricated at local welding shop. Other rust areas repaired and frame now painted.
[img]

[/img]
[img]
[/img]

Last edited by JBerger on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img][/img]

Last edited by JBerger on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Update 9/3/15 Reply with quote

9/3/15 Update...... My 1500 Goldwing is missing too much stuff. I do not think I can get it up and running. Decided to sell the 1500. I shopped around and picked up a running 1200 Goldwing. Got the 1200 home just fine and it runs great! Started taking all the stuff off the bike. The bike is now almost ready to attach to my Pulse frame. Now making good progress again....with a running bike. Jon Berger
[img][/img]

Last edited by JBerger on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Got new Canopy Reply with quote

Just got my new canopy. It looks great! Now to replace the old cracked-up one with the new one. Berger
JBerger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: 9/20/15 UPDATE from Berger Reply with quote

9/20/15 UPDATE 1200 CC goldwing now attached to rebuilt Pulse frame. In the process of completing attachments for throttle, gear shift, and clutch. This has been a little bit of a challenge. Had some custom new stainless steel brake lines made from a hose shop nearby and installed them. Next will install new muffler attachment studs and muffler. Very soon will re-mate the body with the frame.[/b]
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates !!!
JBerger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: 2 Oct 2015 UPDATE - Berger Reply with quote

2 Oct 2015 UPDATE: Work and fabricate...something doesn't fit right, take apart,....work and fabricate.....repeat over and over!
Body is now mounted to the frame. Had to cut some parts of the body back near the Goldwing engine. New exhaust installed. Installed dual radiators with fans. This was a challenge. Installed air adjustable rear shocks. Now have air adjustable shocks front and back. Fired up the engine and drove it around in circles in my cul-de-sac. Started attaching the upper rear body panel. More cutting and fitting. Will have to extend the body panels at the rear a couple of inches to better accommodate the 1200cc Goldwing bike.
So far....this is taking a LOT of work and creative thinking. A fun interesting project so far. Wife says I have another woman in the garage and I spend too much time out there with her.[img][/img]

Last edited by JBerger on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon
Thanks for the updates. Can you tell us where you got your air ride suspension kit. Does it include on board compressor and a dash gauge-switch
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: 10/8/15 Update Reply with quote

10/8/15 Update My adjustable air suspension is with the Gabriel shocks listed in the "parts" section of the website. I do not have an on-board compressor or panel. At the present time I am just adjusting the ride height with my shop compressor before I "take-off". Keep in mind I am still brand new at this Pulse thing. I recently just finished building a tow bar. Next week is my first car show and I will be towing my pulse to the show. I am still in the rebuild process, but I am sure it will gain some interest. Recently mounted the "wings" for the 1st time over the trailer wheels.[img]
[/img]
[img][/img]

Last edited by JBerger on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
JBerger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: 24 oct update - berger Reply with quote

10/24/15 UPDATE: Pulse towbar working great. Have now taken my pulse to two car shows...towing it behind my van. Pulse gets a lot of attention at shows, even though it is still under construction. I had to cut out the rear area where the tail light is at and completely fiberglassed it over. Had to do this so that the rear tire has room. I am not happy with the sliding canopy. I am going to make it so that it rises up like a real fighter jet canopy.[/img]
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: 18 Feb 2016 Update Reply with quote

18 Feb 16 UPDATE: Time to fabricate a new instrument panel. You can see that I am using cardboard to get a pattern. I need to get the panel up so that I know how long to extend all the wiring up from the engine.

Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Thanks for the updates.
JBerger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: 2/28/16 Reply with quote

UPDATE: 28 Feb 2016, Been working a lot on the wiring. Trying to use as much of the Goldwing wiring as possible, but turn signals are giving me problems, so I am just going to make my own. Instrument cluster installed. Aircraft style cockpit coming along nicely with some instruments now installed.

[/img][/b]
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Update: 3/3/16 Reply with quote

Update: 3 March 2016
Installing headlights, turn signals, and brake light. Also making progress with aircraft style cockpit. Also fabricated and attached several supports from Pulse body to motorcycle frame....to strengthen and stiffen up the body in preparation for the canopy hinges.

JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Update: 10 March 16 Reply with quote

Update: 10 March 2016
Forming new light covers myself. Experimentation led me to 215 oven temp and 6 minutes softened the plastic enough to shape it. This is a tricky challenge and I made some mistakes along the way. But...finally got what I was looking for.

[/list]
JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Another March 10 update Reply with quote

2nd half jet engine nacelle glassed today. 1st half bondo and sanded. Reshaped the nose. Fabricated with foam, bondo, and glass. Now has a more fighter jet look. Fabricating aluminum framework for a new front windscreen.

dman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Project Reply with quote

Once you glass in your radiators around your radiators , Will your rear view mirrors be able to see behind you. Wont the fiberglass block your view?

Doug
JBerger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Finished panel Reply with quote

Instrument panel finished:

JBerger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Update 3/22/2016 Reply with quote

Update: 22 March 2016 Made patterns for left and right side front windows. Plastic cut easily and bends to shape. Came out perfect!!

JBerger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Guns Reply with quote

Fake machine guns Made some nice looking guns!

JBerger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Canopy opening...... Reply with quote

Can't figure it out! This picture is what I wanted to have. A canopy that opens like a real fighter jet. My thinking was a hinge in the back and some gas struts on the left and right side. Problem is....it is way to flimsy. Canopy needs to be able to open in a very rigid strong way, so that when open it can stand up to the wind. So I ditched this idea and removed the rear hinge. I decided to go with a hinge on the side....so it now opens like a Long EZ or Veriez homebuilt airplane canopy does. So my canopy DOES NOT open like this picture.

JBerger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: NEW CANOPY INSTALLATION Reply with quote

Installed the new canopy!!! The canopy I got from the guys here on the Pulse network came out of the box and fit PERFECTLY right into my frame!!!! WOW....I was so happy with it. It is beautiful and shaped PERFECTLY. Wife helped me with the installation today and it went very easily and smooth. I will remove the protective plastic after painting.

JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:57 am    Post subject: Front windscreen completed. Reply with quote

Front windscreen completed. Looks excellent.

JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Canopy opening completed. Reply with quote

Canopy opening completed. In the first picture you see a solid metal rod holding the canopy open. This gives a solid grip to the canopy so when I am at car shows and such, wind gusts and stray hands will not accidentally slam the canopy closed. In the 2nd picture the canopy is open for entry and exit and held by a cable.

JBerger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Painting..... Reply with quote

Painting...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: