PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Windshield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lite9dave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Installing Windshield Reply with quote

To do some body work a fiberglass guy my outstanding mechanic was working with proposed pulling the windshield, assuring that it was easy to put it back.

Now it's a major problem to get it lined up correctly and back into place with off-the-shelf gasket to replace the old original gasket.

Does anyone have any experience and tips with re-installing a windshield?

What specific gasket did you use?
Did you install the long nose gasket first and then the roll-bar gasket or the other way round?
Do you have any tips? This process seems very difficult.

I am tempted to just build up a lip and then glue on the windshield as contemporary autos typically do. The gasket seems very finicky.

This is that last step before I get my vehicle back on the road after 3 years of major re-work.

Dave McCoy
Bob Cervero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long time ago I owned pulse # 61. I removed and replaced the windshield several times. It's not easy just takes some care, patience and a gallon of Windex or some other soapy liquid. I used the original gasket. If you search this forum you can find where to get replacements. First put the gasket onto the body without any Windex. Then apply the Windex liberally to the gasket. Starting at the front, insert the front edge of the windshield into the gasket. Use a small flat blade screw driver to lift the lip of the gasket over the windshield starting from the front. Be gentle with the screw driver. You will need to do this on the inside and outside of the windshield. Some areas will just fall into place. Some will not. Work your way around the windshield from front to rear finishing with the top near the roll bar. As you work your way around the windshield try to keep forward pressure on the windshield to keep it from popping out of the front gasket. You will need to add more Windex as you go along. As I said it's not easy but very doable. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: