PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canopy removal / Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Canopy removal / Replacement Reply with quote

I have been in contact with "Todd" who makes replacement canopys for the Pulse at a cost of $300...which seems very reasonable to me (I paid nearly that much for a windshield for my Gold Wing).

My canopy seems to be glued on, and I want to know what to expect when removing and repalcing. What am I in for? What all will have to be done?

Thanks
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel,

I've got a set of his canopys that I will be installing as I begin bringing #77 back to life. When Todd sends you the parts they have to be trimmed to fit your openings. He says they're all a bit different in size and so getting a one size fits all would be a tough job for him. He's installed a few sets, but he likes to use screws/fasteners to secure the parts. I'm using some type of adhesive, just not sure which one, yet.

My canopy was originally glued on with a clear sealant of some sort. I began by working a corner lose with a box cutter. Once you get a space big enough to get your fingers in you can slowly work the plexi off the frame. Obviously, take your time. Even though you might be tossing your plexiglass, you don't want to crack the fiberglass framing. At least any more than it probably already is.

Good luck!
bobby oncet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: ejection seats Reply with quote

I have an f-18 (older early 90's model) i PARTED OUT FROM PRE-DESERT STORM. I intend to install the capt'n seat in the front of my pulse. I figure since we dont have air bags i WILL JUST HARD wire THIS TO THE DASH AND upon impact it should fire me through the canopy. I am anticipating needing new canopies soon. Let me know how your install goes. Shocked
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute..... did you say you have a real F18 or just the seats?

We're all drowling... send some pics!
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Ejection Seats Reply with quote

Ejection Seats in a GCRV would be viable, if for one, immediate reaction to an impact exceeding 25 foot-pounds is sensed. Then secondly, the vehicle is not presently under...any number of things:
Garage roof, parking garage roof, highway signage, drive-in roof, blah, blah, blah...(overpass).
besides...the seats are too heavy.

Oh, right, and I'm parting out a 1980 Chrysler XM-1. Serial Number JZ000SK, Assembly Line Number 00010
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: VIN Reply with quote

Bobby,

What is the last three digits of your VIN?

Thanks,

Steve Schmidt
Webmaster Pulse Registry
www.autocycles.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: