PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Choke, Heater and Reverse Cable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Choke, Heater and Reverse Cable Reply with quote

I am looking to find a source for a choke, heater and reverse cables. The choke cable is 126" and the heater cable is 95". The reverse cable is 122".

Does anyone have a source?
Thanks
Carl #333
elden simons

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Here's an idea Reply with quote

Carl, as it was explained to me back in 1990 (and you presently know), those darn cables that came with the vehicle were buggers for trying to pull on.
Lubrication doesn't do the job for long enough...So, a most helpful owner directed me to go to a Sports and Marine store that sold parts for boats. You know, the type boats that got the steering wheel and chair for the head cheese to operate his fishing venture from on weekends...
The pull-cables from these places are made for use in wet conditions. Something about silicone sleeves in the cable jacket or better cable material. Various lengths are available due to the various boats out there. Mostly, cut it to fit. I got mine right away when I noticed when pulling on the Choke cable knob, the dash wanted to pull with it too. (havn't installed it yet though)
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
Carl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Cables Reply with quote

Thanks Elden,

I have a marine supply near me and will check it out.

Merry Christmas to All....

Carl
Robert Cervero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion on the choke cable. The original choke knob is located on the dash board. Mine was relocated to the front of the left arm rest. This shortens the required length considerably and eliminates the 180 Deg turn the cable must make from the dash. This lowers the friction and wear on the cable. I don't know where the heater cable goes( Pulse #61 had no heater) but relocateing it to a spot that has a straight pull would help also.
DaveBauer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Choke cables Reply with quote

To all,
Send your cables (or specs for them) to California Push-Pull. They can remanufacture the choke and reverse cables for a small fee. I sent mine to them and have had no problems since.

http://www.push-pull.com/

-Dave Bauer
Pulse 167

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: throttle cable Reply with quote

I have located every cable except my throttle cable. I have the 400 Yam
engine with the little barrel on the end with the carb. Go carts have
similar ones only to short. The weather here in Florida is great and I
need my cable to get rolling again!
Help!
Steven Shafer #74
dynoman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve
Email me the length of the inner and also the outer cable(covering) and I will make one for you.
Chuck Knight
sjkcbk@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: