PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First drive in the city!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: First drive in the city! Reply with quote

Since nobody has really posted much for a week, I thought I would tell you all about my first drive in the city.
I live on the outskirts of Colorado Springs in a area called Falcon. I have primairly driven the Pulse in this area because there is not much traffic, and we have some really nice roads. A few weeks ago, I took my first trip into Colorado Springs in the Pulse. I was really surprised at how much of a reaction the car got. I saw 5 different people taking pictures from their car, and one car even pulled in front of me to VIDEO tape. While waiting to take a left turn across 2 lanes of traffic, a woman in her Excursion nearly got rear ended when she nearly stopped in the intersection to take a picture with her camera phone. I stopped to get my hair cut (why I was in town in the first place) and there were loads of questions I am sure you all get, "What is it, how fast, does it fly"....and the question I notice get asked only by younger people "How much?" I have also noticed that the kids with the stickerd up Hondas and such, try not to even look! What is that about? Rolling Eyes
I do have to say the most interesting reactions I have noticed is that DOGS in passing vehicles look at the car too...maybe they think it is a huge hot dog or something...
Last weekend was the first time it was warm enough to drive #199 with the canopy open. I really enjoyed that....very free feeling.

What types of reactions do you get?
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
lite9dave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reaction Reply with quote

Haven't had that much ability to drive based on WA state licensing problems however one of the few times I was out on the road I passed a cop going the other way. I checked my rearview and sure enough he did an immediate u-turn. I just pulled into a lot.

I open the canopy and stayed in the vehicle. He asked me what the hell this thing was. I told him it was technically a motorcyle. He said he was going to pull me over and give me a ticket for taxiing an aircraft on a public road.

From the general public much the same reaction as yours. We have a lot of exotic car drivers in this area. The Ferrari drivers try not to gawk- but they can't resist.

-Dave-
elden simons

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: my ten-cents worth Reply with quote

Harley riders contract bad case of tunnel vision, while Goldwingers wave and smile cheerfully.
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: my ten-cents worth Reply with quote

elden simons wrote:
Harley riders contract bad case of tunnel vision, while Goldwingers wave and smile cheerfully.

HD riders can't let go because their bike will rattle to pieces! Laughing
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
Bobby Oncet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: I love my Harley Reply with quote

I have a restored police HDM. It does NOT shake. In point of fact I am trying to figure out how to retro-fit my 45 cubic inches (742 cc) flat head into my pulse body. I bet my attention-getting-ratio exceeds that you claim to have. As for kids asking about purchace price, just tell them it can be calculated mathmatically. They must divide the number of talented contemporary "rock and roll" bands by the number of pustules on their faces and multiply the result by the coefficient of their iq and then walk away.
Steve C. Schmidt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Pulse VIN? Reply with quote

Bobby,

Whats your Pulse number? I would like to add you to our Registry.

Thanks,

Steve C. Schmidt

Webmaster
AUTOCYCLES.ORG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: