PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My LiteStar Pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomcap21
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: My LiteStar Pics Reply with quote

ok Gang, as long as I'm here I thought I'd test the "insert pic here" and see if it works. I took these pics back in 2002 to show where I re-installed the radiator for the BMW K100 engine in my LiteStar. Originally it was located inside just above the engine. No fans or scoops seemed to help keep the engine from overheating so I decided to move the radiator outside. One day I intend to make something to go around the assembly...

Tom Caprioli

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a thought heer while looking at your setup,
think about this and really lookg into this, I had thought what if you took two aluminum radiators (like the new ones for trannsmissions ) and placed each UNDER each wing inside a covering laying down at a steep angle and have a couple of scoops to collect air into the rdiators and out through the top of the wings using a couple of vents... I had thought of this setup when I fist got a suzuki watercooled engine, but i found out lter the engine was junk and went back to the aircooled 750 with added air intake and oill cooling .
if done right this would make the PULSE nicer looking (stock) and still provide the needed airflow.
another thoought was to add a couple of 5 gallon size pipes on each side of the rear (making it look like jet engines) and place a small radiator inside each.. a bit of fiberglass to round it off(make pretty) and the Pulse would really look like a JET..
just my thoughts..
steveg #008
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: another idea Reply with quote

Similar to steve's last thought, but use 'half-round' or even 'half-oval' intakes on both sides to dress up your idea. Then duct these intakes to your present radiator mount. I am considering both the asthetics and the slide path of the canopy. The intakes could very well begin just before the back edge of the canopy on the left and right sides...no, really. The "intakes" don't have to be immediately attached to the body, but the rest of the ductwork should. So, perhaps a gap can be engineered to allow the canopy to slide between the intakes and along the body as usual. Also, the reason to have the intakes begin just before the trailing end of the canopy is to ensure against an unexpected alignment error where the canopy might strike the intakes unexpectedly.
You might want to experiment with cardboard mockup that is temporarily hung by a material like one would have saddlebags slung over a horse
The question some of you may have is 'why even have the intakes so high?' Well, the radiator is rather high and a direct ducting of the intake in an 'in-line' fashion would seem more appealing.
Oh, and good luck.
thatjoeguy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Jet Intakes Reply with quote

http://www.wonder-books.com/funnypaperz/pulse/pulsemods1.gif

YEAH! That's what I'm talking about!
I drew this up a couple years ago now but it seems to me that by incorporating the naca intakes with the rear access panels, we should have a real neat flow thru baffle.[/img]
therouj

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those drawings are really good and I want to see if that will work with 276. The radiator mounted outside and at the rear sure is a good solution however, and it really doesn't look bad. It must work well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: