PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulse Paint Possibilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Pulse Paint Possibilities Reply with quote

As the molds get completed, I can now start thinking about the task of getting #77 back together and running. As we all know, taking something apart is easy, putting it back together is a bit tougher, but putting it back together and having it actually run is another level of difficulty all together.

In preparation for this effort, I've been doing some concept paint schemes, which I've posted on my Webshots photo album. ( I know.... for some reason webshots isn't allowing links ^*#(@) Nevertheless, let me know which ones you guys prefer. There's 2 images with 4 concepts each.

Oh, that's not my Pulse. I wish it was all in one piece like that. Thanks for the nice side shot... to whoever took the shot and posted it on the autocycle website.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/400334691/400334691FOzbwZ
Pulse 308

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: What's Bob's inner self? Reply with quote

What does the inner-Bob want to express? Are you a sunshine cruiser type, or a highway pilot?
The Blue/Yellow concept schemes selection is pretty much your highway pilot theme (and the Red/White/Blue theme too). The slanted 'heart beat' is too big and yet still appealing...make it smaller. Maybe the size of the smaller zig-zag idea.
As for the Orange/Yellow scheme, the second photo from the top is your sunshine cruiser theme. Quite cheery. The color change from nose to tail is very nice, but that star burst may be a bit big. I'm not sure, but maybe outline the yellow with a thin pin stripe that mimics or compliments the orange. The yellow seems a little weak. Try golden yellow (Our #308 is Chrysler Taxi Yellow).
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Rust bucket Reply with quote

Bob, whose car is the rust bucket? It looks like one I saw in a junkyard in Hollywood about a year ago. I tried to buy it for parts. Do you know who owns this? I could take my car over to see him and it might help.
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson,

Which rust bucket are you referring to? (LOL) The other images on my Webshots site are of my #77 ..... and yes ... it was in pretty sad shape, which is why it's getting such a long and thorough reburbishment. Anything that was suspect got cut off, thrown out, and replaced. I think I was like alot of Pulse owners when I first saw it. I looked right thru all its imperfections and only saw this vision of cruising down the highway off into the sunset. Someday!!! You guys that can jump in yours and go, are lucky...

I'm getting into the paint planning stage and figured I'd get some feedback on some paint scheme concepts I've been throwing around. I'm with Elden, I like the Pulse shape on the back, but it needs to be a bit smaller.
RFly2Dive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Dear Yoda Reply with quote

There are many choices out there for paint schemes...but if the choice is between those 4...then my vote is for the 3rd from the top as that paint scheme has a 'true' representation of what a puse looks like on an EKG...

It would also add to the conversations when you see the 'non-believers' in the netherlands where you will journey in your 'new' rocketship....

May the Force of the Pulse be With You.....
ashok rai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,
Check out the Navy's jet color scheme @ blueangels.com . They have a link to the Air Force's Thunderbirds for more ideas [see picture gallery]. All colors you have in mind are there...except orange ..for which see Jimmie Sattison's design [my#25].
Good Luck,
Ashok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: