PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHEAP GASTANK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GREEG HOFFMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: CHEAP GASTANK Reply with quote

HAS ANY ONE FOUND A CHEAP REPLACEMENT GAS TANK FOR A PULSE. MINE IS FULL OF RUST AND I NEED TO REPLACE IT BUT DON'T WANT TO SPEND ALOT OF MONEY FOR IT. THE PULSE HAS THE 400 ENGINE IN IT AND IS #89 AND 123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey if your tank has rust but NOT rusted through do THIS:

get a plastic 55 gallon drum cut it in half, take your tank and get one qt of CLR and dump it in the tank and then two handfuls of GRAVEL...put that in the tank... (make sure the tap is plugged) and shake vigerously.... and dump in the drum,, do this a couple of times..look inside the tank.. still rusty?
now buy two cans of CRYSTAL DRANO this is very caustic but it works..
boil water about 3 gallons. get a plastic 5 gallon pail and dump the drano into the pail and stir while hot, then dump that into the tank while its in the 55 drum bottom use a PLASTIC FUNNEL (so you dont get it all over).. and let it sit UNTIL ITS COLD.. using gloves, a coat hanger or plyers pick the tank up and hose it out over and over with fresh water... look inside.. still rusty? do it agian, the hotter the mix the better the results..
dump that .. usually two try will do it.. this never fails....
I once did a tank that was sitting 40 yrs with gelled gas, and solid rust, and the tank is clean absoluty.. when you are finally done epoxy the inside (pore 15) and paint the outside... one final caution DO NOT PUT ANY SOFT METALS IN THE SOLUTION!!! SOFT WOULD BE BRASS, ALUMINUM ECT.
take the safty precautions, have plenty of fresh water available (hose) in case you splash some on yourself THIS WILL BURN AND LEAVE A MARK!
you can dump the solution in the drain , but not the lawn!!!
I have built a tank for stripping metals and this will strip rust, paint you name it off steel, I have done bicycles, tanks, frames, buggy wheels, and it works.. cheaper than buying a tank!!
thank me if it works.. Steveg #008 litestar.. scg13803@yahoo.com
stevengeorge@usadatanet.net
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's been any perfect solution, especially when it comes to an inexpensive solution. I've got a custom steel tank from a place in Ormond Beach, Fl http://www.kustomtanks.com/ but by the time you buy the tank and sender unit, inexpensive is not a word I'd use.

The "el cheapo" route would be to find a larger size lawn tractor that has a descent capacity plastic tank. Of course, you'd have to rig up the sender or just make sure you check the fuel level a whole lot! There appears to be plenty of room in most of the Pulse's I've seen to mount a wide variety of tank sizes. Getting the the fill cap to line up with the Pulse fill cap may also present a few design challenges.

POR 15 http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=306 sells a repair kit for gas tanks, which might be the least expensive route in your case.

Good luck and let us all know anything new you find out.
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Don't forget this either... Reply with quote

As concientious as person may be with what they are handling, I find that I'm lucky for having to wear glasses. Stuff just heads for the eyes when it has no reason! So, buy a $5.oo pair of goggles.
Keep the kids away, and if you can't do it outside (please do), but can only use the garage... ventilate and aim the fan at it!
Murphy's Law always happens.
GREG HOFFMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: GAS TANK Reply with quote

THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEALS. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKED OUT.

GREG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: