PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gas Tank utilized out of main Frame Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Richmond

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Gas Tank utilized out of main Frame Tube Reply with quote

In talking with Bob Hichborn, I asked the question if anyone had considered using the Frame as the Gas tank? It appears that it would hold about 8.5 gallons. Thanks, Charlie Richmond
elden simons

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Huh? What...? Reply with quote

Charlie, or Bob... What frame?
You mean that pipe that runs between our legs in the passanger compartment?
If so, then a fuel pump would be needed. I'm just trying to picture it. Then if this is right, there'd be more room to extend the back shelf (modify the rear roll bar into a horseshoe shape).
Robert Cervero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the main wiring bundle runs right up the middle, inside of the frame tube. You would also have a heck of a time welding end caps and cleaning out the inside of the tube to make it suitable to hold gasoline. Then where would you add a filler pipe? The tube ends under the rear seat, right at the exhaust pipes. The main tube is inside the passenger compartment all the way to the front where the front end is welded on to it.
steveg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I have seriously considered this one, if the ends of the main tube were sealed, and a fill neck welded on a couple of inches from the rear, mounted at about 80 degreee from vertical, with a vent tube just above (you need this) the vent would run back next to the filler and join with the fill neck almost at the body. IT CAN BE DONE!!!
8.5 gallons of gass for the PULSE/LITSTAR is a lot of gass considering the tank in it is just 3.. yes you would need a pump, and probably a pickup tube , (place this just in front of the vent tube pointing DOWN just short of the bottom of the frame pipe inside) this would prevent picking up crud in the "tank".. as for filler placement mu suggestion would be on the left side just above the nasca vent in a door. with a bit of 1- 1/2 hose for a filler tucked in just behind the rear seat it could be done..
If it werent such a paint to get to the main tube i would do this in an afternoon, and i still might.. I hate that little 3 gallon tank ! the pipe istself is 1/4 inch thick and would be safe.. hey its safer than sitting on a 10 gallon TIN tank in my FREEWAY!!

steveg 008 litestar.
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
therouj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering doing this as I rebuild my Pulse (its # is in dispute). Rather than deal with the crud inside the frame couldn't an insert be manufactured and isolated with rubber sealer for even more safety? Anyway those are my thoughts>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: