PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverse gear U-Joint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D. Kuras

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reverse gear U-Joint Reply with quote

My reverse gear unit stopped working and I took my pulse apart to see what the problem was and found that the U-Joint rod inside the gear cone broke. Is this a common part I can purchase or does this have to be made by someone with machine tool experence? thanks, David
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reverse problems Reply with quote

Okay, here's two places to look for assistance if you care to do some looking about.

Number 1: Our man, Tom Caprioli who heads this Forum, also keeps light tabs on another Group Posting site. There is similar discussion under Yahoo Groups. Type in the following for Search when on Yahoo Groups page... litestarpulseautocycleclub (or litestar pulse)

You will be able to pull up a page that doesn't need you to sign up if you are only "reading" the messages. You have to sign up if you want to post.
Now, on that Yahoo site. You want to call up Message No. 44. All messages following that one (ie.. 45, 46 and mayber 47) will get down and dirty about the reverse motor.

Second suggestion: Scroll up to Members List at the top of this page and look up member named Jeremy. Click on his email (not PM ). He is the fella to inquire about this. Response time is within a week. He is one busy fella, along with his Dad.
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reverse gear u-joint Reply with quote

The u-joints are available commercially.

I inspected inspected my unit and found that the u-joint was wearing out, so I decided to replace it. I found replacements on the internet. Cost was minimal. The original appears to be a direct replacement that anyone with a punch and bull-peen hammer can change out.

I decided to go up one size for extra durability. This change required minor machining of the u-joint, but even that was easy and a minimal expense.

-Dave Bauer
Pulse 167
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: