PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPEEDOMETER CABLE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chengsls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: SPEEDOMETER CABLE Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement speedometer cable? I purchased one for a 1982 Yamaha SECA 400 cc motorcycle from my local dealership. It was the correct fittings but about two feet short!
Nelson Locke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Speedo cable Reply with quote

Heck, you don't need one of those. Most of our Pulses don't move.

Just kidding. Mine is off at least ten miles an hour so I opted for the GPS solution, much more accurate.

Besides, I always lie about how fast I was going. I usually say "oh, around 115 or so." Don't like to take my eyes off the road, you see.

How about that FLORIDA RALLY? Come on you guys.
elden simons

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Did you try Search function? Reply with quote

I tried the Search function from the top menu and called up at least 10 returns for speedometer. Perhaps try that for any previous answers. Good hunting.
chengsls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I did the seach, and there was no specific references to a replacement cable. Any ideas?
elden simons

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Darn, you'd think.... Reply with quote

Okay, now I did a little more hunting and came up with a member's web site. Unfortunately, I can't link it from this entry, so.... Here's the directions. Go to the Member's List. Find member Muddiman. You will see that in the far right column that he has a website. Click on that. I'm hoping you didn't visit there yet.
If you are running into dead ends where parts are just no longer available dispite whats been printed.. I noted in the Forum Search that one or two members installed a digital bicycle speedometer. Then there's the high tech fellas who got them thar fancy smancy GPS units.
I'd say, if people behind you are honking the horns and blowing past you, speed up. If thars a car with fancy lights flashing, slow down and pull over. If you are being paced by fully armed Air Force jets, you are in D.C. If you are surrounded by people who are asking unintelligible questions, you're stuck at a gas station.
Any Questions? Rolling Eyes
Tammy and Elden have Pulse #308 from 1988.Built in Butcher's Barn and presently sets inoperative in their garage. We are still keeping it!
chengsls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I have come up with a solution. JCWhitney, Item # AGV062591 is a speedometer Cable Repair Kit with 50’ of inner cable and fittings. I will attempt to use the old jacket (lubricate it highly) and see if it works! Thanks.
Dave Bauer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Speedo cable replacement Reply with quote

Wait! No need to buy something from JC Whitney and hope it works!

ANY speedo shop can take your old cables and make a new one for you. Simply take your old one in to them and tell them you need a new one made up. They will likely have all the parts you need. If not, they can reuse the ends of your old one. Best of all, the cost is minimal (about $30).

Did it on mine. Works great.

In fact, I can even do you one better! Does your speedo read about 10% low, like all the others? I have a cable with a transmission built into it that will correct that problem and make your speedo and odometer read correctly. Contact me if you are interested.

-Dave Bauer
Pulse 167
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: