PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: any advice? Reply with quote

Got 325 to a newly set up motorcycle shop. 325 has Honda 1100 with the side radiator. Plan is for clutch work and carb tune. The owner/mechanic comes recommended, cut his teeth on gold wings etc. plus Honda dealers in these parts said in summer, and maybe the rest of the year, they do not want to touch it. I like the mechanic/owner and he is willing to work on it. He is coming from the clutch from the back as suggesated in other posts on this forum. Problem is; he says in order to pull carb and clean, replace, then tune, he wants to pull the shell off to get around radiator and work on carb. I've pulled tail and skirt, disconnected a/c so rear deck tray can be lifted. He has net access at the shop and is more than willing to work with me on the net at the shop for advice and with me there to pull and do. Question: any owners of Gold Wing 1100 Pulses pulled the carb and returned it without removing fiberglass shell around radiator (it is really the rest of the body, 325 has never even had it's nose off)? Maybe remove radiator and fan, drain coolant, work on carb, then replace? Advice to him and me re: procedure would be appreciated. I do not want this to be a shell off restoration - and not at $60 an hour. Mike
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Ralph Wolf had the carbs on his Pulse replaced last year and I'm positive they didn't pull the body. If he doesn't pick up on this post, I'll give him a call.

I have my carbs off now, but of course my Pulse is totally stripped, so there's no issues with clearance around the fiberglass body components anywhere. If he's removing the carbs make sure he pulls them all the way down. I thought mine were in pretty decent shape, until I "opened up the patient". 20 years and alot of old gas sitting around inside can really turn a weekend project into a bunch of hours and scavenging the internet for parts.

Good Luck!

Bob
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: carb Reply with quote

Chuch Furgason removed my carbs on my Gold Wing 1100cc with just removing rear top and bottom fiberglass. It will come out.

My carbs were cleaned and adjusted. I ran new wiring to plugs, etc. Sure runs great now.
hatfield

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rebuilding my carbs rifgt now. I have #276 with GW 1100 engine. I just have rear pieces off, no problem getting at carbs.
Chuck Furgason

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to remove the tail fiberglass and canopy. It takes a lot of twisting and turning to get the carbs out and you may have to remove an intake or two. Also some of the brackets and wiring componts to make room to slide the unit out I removed Steves out the left side of the frame. It can be done. However if you read the manual it says you have to pull the motor. When you remove the intakes loosen the clamp on the rubber and pull or pry stright off there is a locating pin that does not allow you to twist or rotate, also do not remove rubber from intake only from carbs.
Chuck
mikepulse325

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks guys, he sees it is possible. Also bookmarked this site. He was most impressed at the info here. As am I, now if I can only talk him out of me paying for his kids college...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: