PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulse #327 For Sale on eBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Schmidt
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a call from Gary the buyer, who was the high bidder at $16,000. The seller wants $20,000, so the deal fell through.

I guess even if you are the high bidder and meet reserve, that doesn't mean you are going to get it......at least on eBay.

Gary is looking for a very nice, good running Pulse with Goldwing engine, reverse and air. He is a serious buyer.

Contact......Gary Ries of MN

(651) 437-3334
Falcon Wing

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reserve was met and te seller didn't want to sell?? I hope he gets negative feedback for that!
www.picturetrail.com/falconwing2 (seat bracket build)
VA Husker

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $20K he ought to fix the idle.
hcubed

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to E-bay's web site:

Seller Non-Performance

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract. In accordance with that contract, the seller may not:

Fail to deliver an item for which payment was accepted.

Significantly misrepresent an item by not meeting the terms and item description outlined in the listing.

[u]Refuse to accept payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.[/u]

Refuse to accept a buyer’s PayPal payment using a credit card if the seller included the PayPal logo in the listing which signifies the seller will accept PayPal payments. Sellers are not permitted to state in their listings that PayPal payments made via credit card will not be accepted.

Violations of this policy by a Seller may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Referral to Law Enforcement

A buyer who believes that a seller has not honored a contract should read the Additional Information section to understand what remedies are available to the buyer.

I belive in the original write-up, he said he was listing it for someone else. In that case, the owner may be clear, but the lister is in a bit of trouble (neg feedback being the LEAST of his worries).
StillWishing

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy relisted it yesterday with the opening bid set at $18,000 and a Buy It Now price of $18,000 so I guess that is his bottom price. Still not right that he didnt complete the sale to the highest bidder last time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PULSE-327-AIRPLANE-CUSTOM-SPORTS-CAR-CYCLE-w-Trailer_W0QQitemZ4640376337QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Waiting for my dream to come true
Bob Hichborn

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the third time this vehicle has been posted in just the last few months? The buyer should have taken the $16,000, which is a fair price for a well kept Pulse. We've had this discussion here before, the Pulse IMO just hasn't been around long enough to generate any real historic or collectors value. It will someday, but not now. Being close to 20 years old, with very few miles, signals to me that the engine probably needs a good tearing down and preping, the tires all around need replacing due to the rubber just hardening up with time, the interior carpet and seats (which were inexpensive to begin with) need replacement, the canopy probably has got those tiny little age cracks, and if it's the original paint job, it probably will need one, once the vehicle is taken out, because that 20 year old fiberglass has lost alot of its flex and gotten brittle with time. These items alone can set you back $3000 to $4000.

If the Pulse was dismantled and restored or had some upgrades, like AC or custom interior, or newer power plant, then $18,000 + would be reasonable. I don't think even with all the work I've done on #77 or the new units, that I would expect them to command $18,000 plus. I don't know.... maybe I'm under estimating it's value .... it sure would be nice for all of us, if we knew there was a line of folks waiting for one of us lucky owners to part with our Pulses for $20,000. Just for kicks.... who here would turn theirs lose for that price?
hatfield

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me.
steveg

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know this sort of thing really pisses me off.. a seller who wont sell, even at the "researve" price... and haveing this listed not once or twice but three times now, EBAY should toss hiss ass.. but the big hole in Ebay is this and I have found out first hand... even if he does get the boot not a problem, he gets a NEW email address, uses his wife's credit card number or company card and WALA! he's back in the game... Ebay is a big friggin ripoff, and if someone is stupid enough to buy big ticket items and get ripped off they desearve it.. This jserk even has the balls not only to keep jacking the price, but mistating the facts, which I have pointed out in earlier posts..

if anyone is selling theirs, now is the time to bump this ass and take advantage by beating his price and maybe the potential buyers will look your way instead of his,, and then making his sell difficult..
I know its illeagle to warn others of jerks like this , but i have in the past,
and even turned someone onto a BETTER buy for which i was rewarded for..

Frankly this unit isnt worth the cash, too much needs to be done, and as fickle as this ass is he will probably back out anyways..

my bet is it will be back agian... he has no plans to sell, just "fish"
and brag..
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: