PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK  Forum Index PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another autocycle -cycle....check this out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: another autocycle -cycle....check this out Reply with quote

found this on one of the other groups:
http://muweb.millersville.edu/~nait/research.htm
an electric autocycle type with an aerdynamic body, retractable outriggers
and you balance it much like the Preveas Ecomobile...
Called the Trout, because of its trout shaped body (trout are one of the most hydodynamic fish )..

hey if they can balance THAT, with batteries, why cant we balance ours?

steveg..
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
elden simons

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Fishocycle Reply with quote

It is nice that a 'breezy trout' was pictured on the site, but the given three videos only showed the outriggers down during operation.

It is true that anyone can imagine the operation was successful and that once again the idea is workable. 'Hollywood Hichborn' could use assistance for what he endeavers to accomplish and what the future may hold for the Pulse design. It is up to anyone to contact him with help. And up to anyone to strike out on their own idea.
This enclosed, one-seater, electric motorcycle that Steve has led us to is an inspiration.
steveg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after thinking the whole idea of balance over and relating it to my experiences with recumbent bicycles that I have built ...I found that the lower built cycles(two wheelers) difficult to balance, while others I have built with more ground ground clearance easy balancing... it doesnt take much to go either way.. a few inches makes a world of difference... ther is a term for it but i forgot in my old age.. Razz Rolling Eyes it has to do with gyroscopic forces and polar moment of inertia....

i suspect that if a PULSE were built with more clearance, that is a higher CG the driver could infuence the balancing forces better and keep it up on TWO wheels all the time until the speed was slow enough that the gyro action is nill then the outriggers would be needed..
just a few thoughts to ponder..
steve george litestar #009
otisco NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PULSE AUTOCYCLE NETWORK Forum Index -> The Forum All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: